Shin Godzilla/Godzilla Resurgence 2016

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by hiroakihsu, Aug 15, 2016.

1. hiroakihsu
    OP

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat

I was fortunate enough to have seen it a week ago...Hardcore Godzilla fans probably will not like it, but I think fans of the Evangelion series will definitely love it (directed by Hideakoi Anno and music produced by Shiro Sagisu, after all); I personally liked it better than the 2014 US ver., being an Eva fan myself.

It's coming later this year to the US as well, I believe. What do you guys think?

Last edited by hiroakihsu, Aug 15, 2016
    Bad Bunny likes this.
  2. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    Raccoon City
    Long time Godzilla fan, I'm looking forward to it. I know they've recently announced a small US release, I'm hoping it comes to my city. Even if it ends up sucking, I just want to see a "proper" Godzilla film in the theatre.

3. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    I remember a few years back when Godzilla was being filmed I was stepping out of the New West Skytrain station and I saw all these boulders, flipped over cars and all these people running in one direction. Took me a second to figure out was going on when I saw an upside down police car that said San Fransisco police department. It was pretty funny but I never got to see the movie back in 2014 lol.

4. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Bunny from Japan

Feb 27, 2016
    Japan
    Shinjuku
    After you destroy America city on 2014 now you come to rampage on Japan back in 2016. You really a bad giant lizard :angry: I wish Ultraman came to stop you madness, Godzilla lol!!!!:rofl2:

Last edited by Bad Bunny, Sep 26, 2016
  5. hiroakihsu
    OP

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
    Just out of curiosity...What do you mean by "proper"? As in more in line with the original Japanese series of Godzilla films?

You ain't missing much really.

6. LinksAsleeping

LinksAsleeping Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    Loved Shin Godzilla. Can't wait for the BD!