She just broke my heart.. :(

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
open relationships - no bond or trust..commitment...

ends up in cheating
You can't really "cheat" in an open relationship.

So many people end up in "commitments" because they mistake the effect of their hormones as grounds for a lasting relationship. Settling based on a "feeling" that can come or go at any time that biology dictates. An open relationship allows you to explore these feeling with many people, without having to potentially lock yourself into a relationship for trivial reasons. If you stay together through an open relationship, that indicates a much stronger bond than those together due to artificial social contracts.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
open relationships - no bond or trust..commitment...

ends up in cheating

So many people end up in "commitments" because they mistake the effect of their hormones as grounds for a lasting relationship. Settling based on a "feeling" that can come or go at any time that biology dictates. An open relationship allows you to explore these feeling with many people, without having to potentially lock yourself into a relationship for trivial reasons. If you stay together through an open relationship, that indicates a much stronger bond than those together due to artificial social contracts.

you do have a point there......

an open relationship is like a test for the relationship 24/7/365

look at the animal kingdom...

many creatures (like apes for example) aren't committed to one partner..

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
rikardo03 said:
all i can say is she left me for another guy... a stupid worthless ugly low life guy!!!!
angry.gif

You should be happy it happened, cause she showed you her true colors and turned out to be not so great.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Man, if you're sad for that, prepare to suffer 'cause life is not always happy with little bunnies and double rainbows. Sometimes life is a real %&!?* and no one can change that. There's 51% of women in the world, you'll certainly find another one. Don't let love ruin your life (ok, maybe 'ruin' is a bit strong...), think about the others good sides of being single, and I can tell you that there's a lot of good sides
smileipb2.png

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Urza said:
Yes you can. There are still boundaries in poly-amorous relationships, you can still break the trust that is between yourself and your partners.
Only boundaries that are artificially implemented by those involved, which of course would vary on a case-by-case basis.

Out of the several people I know in poly relationships, none appear to show any semblance of "restraint" in their additional-party endeavors.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Urza said:
Out of the several people I know in poly relationships, none appear to show any semblance of "restraint" in their additional-party endeavors.
I don't get your point. You know some people whose idea of being poly is simply to sleep around, that is fine, I know people like that too - but to come out and say "you can't cheat in a poly relationship" is false.

I'm not sure what restraint has to do with anything, either.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Urza said:
I don't get your point. You know some people whose idea of being poly is simply to sleep around, that is fine, I know people like that too - but to come out and say "you can't cheat in a poly relationship" is false.

I think you're seeing "poly" and "open" as mutually inclusive, as they are definitely two different things. There are of course poly relationships with the same kind of commitments and boundaries as monogamous (or "monotonous," as I've heard it called) couples, but I wouldn't define those as "open."

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
George Dawes said:
Urza said:

I think you're seeing "poly" and "open" as mutually inclusive, as they are definitely two different things. There are of course poly relationships with the same kind of commitments and boundaries as monogamous (or "monotonous," as I've heard it called) couples, but I wouldn't define those as "open."

Let's say a young woman is in a long term long distance relationship and both of them know they can't be together for a while physically for whatever reason. In order for them to stay long term and sane, they agree to allow each other the privilege of dating local people under a condition- that if they meet someone they decide to sleep with, the other gets a chance to talk to this person so they have some idea of how their long-distance partner is being treated. ....so, it is cheating, if one of the people in the couple just sleeps with someone without the introduction happening first... or.. what if one of the couple develops another long distance partner and hides it?

I know all I've just said is kind of a mess, but I understand the point that "poly" and "open" are two different things, but how is "open" still a relationship if rules like I described (basically, knowledge or permission of other partners) don't apply?

edit: quick grammar fix

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
monkat said:
Oh.

This is why closed relationships are no fun.

In an open relationship, you're "allowed" to follow your sexual desires, and emotional, but still have each other to come back to at the end of the day - everyone wins!

This guy is talking the truth and making a valid point.

Anywho, sucked to get ditched for a low life. Same story here a while ago, since then, only open relationships for me.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Us gamers can never have long-lasting, meaningful relationships.

It is our gift, and our curse.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blood Fetish said:
Delete Facebook and hit the gym. Don't turn into a creepy stalker.
This.
If you have any pictures / memoirs, you don't necessarily have to throw 'em out, but hide them and don't look at or think of them.

If she cheats on one person, odds are she'll do it again.
Let her go, chill / game with friends whenever you can, and just go "fuck her".
I went through the same thing- it'll pass. It's painful, but it'll pass.

And what injected above me says- don't let her bring you down, live well bro.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
DONT DRINK!
PLAY VIDEO GAMES!
you're on a video game forum for fuck's sake.

Honestly though, drinking will make you forget for one night, and thats not very long.
Also, dont take her back again forever.
move on find another one. someone worth of your love/

Also at Open relationships topic,
IMO women = whore/sluts
men = lucky
(no offence, just pointing out that it affect peoples view of you, especially today where people are very judgmental.)

Totoy_Kamote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh crap! my head hurts like hell!
but it's ok...
i just woke up...

what a night.. i barely remember anything...
i only remember going into a bar after some beers cause it's really boring drinking alone...
the last thing i remember is dancing with a girl i just met..
i don't even remember how i got home!

tnx for all the response...
i'm still against an open relationships...

now my buddies are available! we'll be drinking all night again...
hope i forget her soon! cause i still can't get her out of my mind...
every place i look in my house reminds me of her!
the sofa, the kitchen, my room, the cr...
and the movies...
frown.gif

even when i woke up!
cause she always prepare breakfast for me every time that she's here...

i hate this feeling... fuck!
glare.gif

Totoy_Kamote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
testatura said:
glad to see you ok, well almost..

don't get addicted
biggrin.gif
and may the force be with you!

tnx man! yeah im ok... when im when i'm playing games or when i'm with my buddies... coz they always make me laugh and we do stupid things with each other and to others too...
biggrin.gif

i'm still here at the bar... im using my phone...
biggrin.gif

we'll i'm dizzy! :Dizzy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1