Hacking Share Your Mario Kart 8 Mods

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
All DLC track files are stored in vol\aoc0005000c1010ec00 (USA) or vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00 (EUR) (same applies to JAP). There are folders for each cup in it. Except for the course_muunt_200.byaml, which is funnily stored in the original vol\content\course\TrackName directory. I wonder who planned that.

(DLC track names start with D rather than G.)

course_muunt_200.byaml is an optimized BYAML used in 200cc instead when it exists*, including "200ccAdjuster" objects, basically areas increasing gravity (controlled by the first two parameters), so you don't fly away after a ramp. It's a good idea to keep these objects when you modify the objects of the track in the normal BYAML (if you dont wanna apply object mods to both files, you can just copy the 200ccAdjusters over from the the orignal 200.BYAML, ID is 8029, and store it as 200.BYAML). I even increased their gravity for 300cc mods.

*=I don't know how the game knows when to load a 200.byaml. Maybe there's a param in the normal BYAML, as that gets queried anyway before. I didn't check for that yet though.

How do you edit bgenv file? I want to make dMC and dBB to be night.

You do the following:
- You just replace the *.bgenv file of the track with the one of a night track (Toad's Turnpike, Music Park). That changes the lighting.
- In the (200cc) BYAML file, enable headlights (at the very top).
- In the (200cc) BYAML file, find the name of the skybox object (they start with VR* and there's only one). Find the ID to it in obflow.byaml. Replace both ID and name with the skybox of a night track (e.g. VRCosmos from MusicPark or VR64Highway for Toad's Turnpike IIRC). Change the ID in the object list also.
- Replace the "Sun" object with a "Moon" (same procedure).

On another note: Do we really wanna call environment lighting mods "Texture" mods? There's no texture changed.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,
D

Deleted User

All DLC track files are stored in vol\aoc0005000c1010ec00 (USA) or vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00 (EUR) (same applies to JAP). There are folders for each cup in it. Except for the course_muunt_200.byaml, which is funnily stored in the original vol\content\course\TrackName directory. I wonder who planned that.

course_muunt_200.byaml is an optimized BYAML used in 200cc instead when it exists*, including "200ccAdjuster" objects, basically areas increasing gravity (controlled by the first two parameters), so you don't fly away after a ramp. It's a good idea to keep these objects when you modify the objects of the track in the normal BYAML (if you dont wanna apply object mods to both files, you can just copy the 200ccAdjusters over from the the orignal 200.BYAML, ID is 8029, and store it as 200.BYAML). I even increased their gravity for 300cc mods.

*=I don't know how the game knows when to load a 200.byaml. Maybe there's a param in the normal BYAML, as that gets queried anyway before. I didn't check for that yet though.

You do the following:
- You just replace the *.bgenv file of the track with the one of a night track (Toad's Turnpike, Music Park). That changes the lighting.
- In the (200cc) BYAML file, find the name of the skybox object (they start with VR* and there's only one). Find the ID to it in obflow.byaml. Replace both ID and name with the skybox of a night track (e.g. VRCosmos from MusicPark or VR64Highway for Toad's Turnpike IIRC). Change the ID in the object list also.

On another note: Do we really wanna call environment lighting mods "Texture" mods? There's no texture changed.
I kinda got it tho it seems as I did something wrong. I guess for some think it's a texture mod due to the background being change. They assume the person who did colored everything dark.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 392

GoldYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do the following:

The only folder I can find under vol is the standard content folder.

Also, every course I see only comes with a byaml 200 and a bflim :/ (ripped from UWizard with Wii u common key)

Last edited by GoldYoshi,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
You cannot download those DLC files with UWizard. You need to dump it with Cafiine Server or TCPGecko.
I kinda got it tho it seems as I did something wrong. I guess for some think it's a texture mod due to the background being change. They assume the person who did colored everything dark.
You probably forgot to edit the Object ID in the object array. Thus no Skybox is placed at all, leaving the previously rendered stuff in the backbuffer (the game doesn't clear it).

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

DarkHydra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can y'all make a Nighttime Big Blue, Mute City and Excitebike Arena? Infact Nighttime every Day Course, Daytime every night course

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone knows how to make a new page on MK8 Wiki? I find a page that doesnt exist but dont appeare nothing to create the page.
EDIT: Is for add Space Toad
qqI1coW
m1dzOS2

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by victormr21,
D

Deleted User

Thanks @Ray Koopa, I got it working on (GCN) Yoshi Circuit. I should be able to create an all night mod pack before anyone else. Though it seems as I was not able to change the moon in (SNES) Rainbow Road. The Sun (6008) and Moon (6010) object ID seem to be different for DLC.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks @Ray Koopa, I got it working on (GCN) Yoshi Circuit. I should be able to create an all night mod pack before anyone else. Though it seems as I was not able to change the moon in (SNES) Rainbow Road. The Sun (6008) and Moon (6010) object ID seem to be different for DLC.
You can check ObjFlow.byalm to get all the Obj IDs (iirc)

Reactions: Deleted User

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
There seem to be different Suns and Moons, SunInf / SunInfY (same for Moon). Probably just how their distance is computed (as Y is up in MK8) or whatever... I already did some night time changes here and there. Maybe you want a quick tutorial?

D

Deleted User

There is a XYZ axis near the object ID. I'm gonna try this on the Sunset for Dragon Driftway and see if I can move it.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Y is up, X is left right, Z is near / far.
Y is easy to figure, but X and Z depends on how the race is oriented at the start.

And yes, it needs a visual editor damn soon... xD

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Rainbow Road (64) be edited to make it 3 laps again instead of just one lap with 3 sections. One lap is just too short in my opinion.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fucked up there because it's a section track. If you set it to 4, the CPU will still drive only 1 lap, but you have to drive 4. Same goes to laps 5-7. Laps 1 or 2 just make you drive 1 or 2 sections (3 is the original value).

I think MrBean patched it to behave "correctly".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@