i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Share your daily progress, things like "I walked 20,000 steps today" or "I ran for 20 minutes" or "I kept to my diet"

Any daily health progress you want to talk about

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went for a run that was just over 11 miles today, was not too bad til the end when I ran out of water. Will have to start bringing a second bottle

My knees feel totally wrecked this afternoon. Gonna have to take a break for sure. Getting close to a half-marathon. Maybe next sunday I'll be able to do it!

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on doing pull-ups. I can do 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 pretty well. I'm a lazy bum though so I think that's pretty good for me. Need to mix it up a bit though, since I hear just doing one type of exercise isn't truly useful.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on doing pull-ups. I can do 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 pretty well. I'm a lazy bum though so I think that's pretty good for me. Need to mix it up a bit though, since I hear just doing one type of exercise isn't truly useful.
pull-ups are a good start, I need to get back into that myself. 3 is also a good amount of pull-ups to be able to do all at once

There are a lot of exercises you can do at home besides those - you could work in pushups pretty easily

This may be helpful if you're interested in other body weight exercises you can do

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweight...utine/#wiki_strength_work_.2840-60_minutes.29

obviously there is more equipment at a gym and more you can do, but gyms can be pricey

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried to measure one of my exercise routines in the gym with my smartwatch. I messed up and didn't measure everything, some I didn't know how, others I forgot. All leg weight training is missing, and plenty of traditional strength training (arms) as well. I'm still learning to use the device and it's my third week in the gym.

11 minutes indoor cycling - 131kcal
10 minutes elliptical - 155kcal
2 minutes core training - 11kcal
1 minute traditional strength training - 8kcal

Total - 24 minutes - 305kcal

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to measure one of my exercise routines in the gym with my smartwatch. I messed up and didn't measure everything, some I didn't know how, others I forgot. All leg weight training is missing, and plenty of traditional strength training (arms) as well. I'm still learning to use the device and it's my third week in the gym.

11 minutes indoor cycling - 131kcal
10 minutes elliptical - 155kcal
2 minutes core training - 11kcal
1 minute traditional strength training - 8kcal

Total - 24 minutes - 305kcal
That's a pretty impressive calorie burn for 24 minutes

Reactions: Dark_Phoras

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did an hour of lifting at the gym, followed by a nice rollerblade and then a short hike

Really nice day overall

PXL_20220823_005250307.jpg

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been sick the past few days, but went for a short rollerblade today. It was a really nice night.

Chananain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pull-ups are a good start, I need to get back into that myself. 3 is also a good amount of pull-ups to be able to do all at once

There are a lot of exercises you can do at home besides those - you could work in pushups pretty easily

This may be helpful if you're interested in other body weight exercises you can do

obviously there is more equipment at a gym and more you can do, but gyms can be pricey
Pull-ups are indeed a great exercise, and I agree, I need to get back into them too. Achieving three consecutive pull-ups is a fantastic goal to work towards.

Thanks for sharing that helpful link with bodyweight exercises. It's awesome to have options for working out at home, especially when gyms can be pricey. I'm always on the lookout for effective home workouts that target different muscle groups.

Speaking of which, I've been focusing on improving my lower body strength recently, particularly the glutes. If you come across any workout for upper glutes that can be done at home, I'd love to incorporate them into my routine. It's incredible how much you can achieve with bodyweight exercises, and I'm excited to try out some new routines.

Last edited by Chananain,

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: