Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Wizerzak, Nov 2, 2012.
Chances are very likely.
Can I bring a bong instead?
I don't drink or smoke though...
I can't work out whether this is just the consequences of posting in the EoF, no one got the reference or I'm the only one who's played Dishonored.
In large quantities, or in excess, the consequences may be terrible:
- The pancreas, the mouth, pharynx, esophageal, breast and liver are more likely to be affected by cancer
- Pancreatitis may appear, especially in youth
- Atrophy of the brain
- Pregnancy problems, like spontaneous abortion
- Possible malformations and other birth problems of the fetus
- Car accidents
- Suicidal tendencies
- Sudden death in case of cardiovascular problems
- Cardiophaty generated by alcohol
There are certain diseases that forbid the affected person to drink at all, such as:
- Conditions of the liver
- Affection of the pancreas
- Precancerous stages affecting the digestive system
- A record including a previous hemorrhagic stroke
The disadvantages to smoking are far more numerous, and much harder to argue against, a sampling of them include:
Death from disease caused by smoking
Diseases (even if they don’t cause death)
Many other types of cancer have also been linked to tobacco use
Decreased lung function
Advanced signs of aging
Cost of cigarettes, applicable taxes and paraphernalia such as lighters
Decreased acceptance by non-smoking peers
The lingering odor of smoke on body and clothing
Lowered ability to exercise due to inability to breathe
Cost of stop-smoking aids when the decision to quit is made