1. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

United States
    You obviously don't realize how much damage actually dangerous earthquaqes cause.

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Not much wind here , a bit more than normal , but nothing unusual. Raining hard though [​IMG] , sucks , I want to go out on my bike [​IMG].

3. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

yea we had some hard wind where i live almost flew away in it like marry poppins [​IMG]

4. moozxy

moozxy hamboning

Ah I live in South Wales!

5. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    The weather woke me up last night, which is a rarity.

We've had pretty heavy rain today and strong winds, but nothing to get excited about. I doubt we'll have any flooding here, we're normally quite lucky that way. Fingers crossed!

6. dakeyras

dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I've heard that during very severe earthquakes even multiple people get hurt! *GASP*

7. yus786

yus786 GBAtemp Fan

it wasnt bad at all up here in bradford, west yorkshire

in the morning when i was going to six form it was raining a bit, nothing major and then when i got to school after my first period it was nice and sunny outside for aages. just been drizzling abit now though but nothing to shout about

i think down south is what got affected the most

bloody southerners deserve it [​IMG]

lol

yus786

8. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

[​IMG] What did we ever do to you?! *sniff*

To be honest I don't think it's been that bad here. It's been raining all day with a few odd sunny moments, and pretty windy but I didn't see any damage today other than the scattered fallout from idiots who put their recycling bags out without anchoring them to something. Got soaked on the way to work though and spent the whole day in soggy trousers. Not so fun [​IMG] So yeah, not too bad here.

9. benchma®k

benchma®k GBAtemp Regular

Almost 6 on the richter scale!!? I rekon more people would of been hurt if not for the quality of british engineering. ( england for the win [​IMG] ) Most of our buildings might be old, but they were built properly.. like with hardcore stone and junk. Earthquake vs aluminuim frame + render = lots of flat homes and peoples.

On the weather front... its been pretty wet and windy in nottingham today. A few fences were blown over last week too, nothing like this apocalyptic weather warning we had though. Just dont be a muppet and stay inside! [​IMG]

10. Sinkhead

OP Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.
    Former Staff

I'm very disappointed, there's hardly been any wind all day and it's been raining quite pathetically to be honest... I was hoping for a day off school [​IMG]

11. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Ha, I have no school today just cause of the massive snow [​IMG] win

12. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] , I want some snow. It's not fair , never get snow here.

13. JohnDrake

JohnDrake Banned
    Banned

Why am I so far from home when this happens? I sure hope my little resort town is doing well.

14. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

That severe weather was a bit fail yesterday. It rained and that was about it here. Darn reporters making something out of nothing, yet again.

15. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

We had crazy winds up north a couple of weeks ago. Same kind of thing, 75mph+ gusts, no one on the news gave a shit though. OF course as soon as there's a a light snow in London it's 24 hour coverage about how on earth we're ever going to survive.

16. Kyusuke

Kyusuke Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Not so bad here in Blaenau Gwent => S.Wales. Just a heavy downpour of rain every 2 hours for around half an hour then the cloud clears, guess it doesn't affect this area much since it's no-where near any bays.

I was expecting more of late winter snow to come at some point around now...

17. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian
    Former Staff

It's got pretty bad down southern england tonight, let me tell you. I actually had to put force into shutting the window, which I don't think I've ever had to do before. I was pretty amazed.

18. cubin'

cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

We had hailstones as big as golf balls quite a few years ago! It put holes in my trike [​IMG]

I love crazy weather except right now where we've had 9 days of over 35c [​IMG] and 7 more to come.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - warning, weather, Severe