OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have a NTSC console (LU342148989) running software 4.2U. The Wii is modded with Wasabi modchip. I do have homebrew channel installed.

I haven't ketp up with scene for over 2 years now, but now I'd like to catch up with some games and so I want to get the wii up and running but there's so much new stuff going on that I already got lost.
Therefore I got a question:

What excatly do I need to download , install ( softs , mods , loaders etc) in order to be able to play all games using external storage with no problem / danger ?
Also , I'd like to be able to install VC/WiiWare content which worked for me a few years ago but doesn't anymore.
I would be thankful if You could provide some information , instructions , links or so

thanks a lot , your help is very much appreciated !

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The short version, best cIOS is d2x?, current stable version is v6. Best USB Loader IMO is WiiFlow. Get the no-dol download from the googlecode page and the rev374 beta dol here. Pay attention to WiiFlow, they're pretty active and there are some nifty features coming out soon, so keep checking back to the wiki for new beta dols. Installing VC/WiiWare depends if you want it on real NAND, SD card channel, or emulated NAND. Emu NAND will be supported in WiiFlow pretty soon but until then, Mighty Channels is the best loader (although WiiFlow's NAND emu code is taken from MC and bugfixed/improved so it's already better even though support isn't fully implemented yet).

Oh, and for d2x cIOS, install base 56 to slot 249 and base 57 to slot 250. Base 56 has ~95-99% compatibility, and the rest use 57.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw