Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys so Ok I followed this guide, works great but now I have a problem, How can I play NTSC N64 games on a pal system.

I have wii flow and usb loader installed and so far running fine. I have prii loader installed form ages ago.

I would like a back up if possible but I don't quite get the end part ?

Its very recommended to do one, in case you screw it up ;D

Bootmii as Boot2 its also preferable.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i have an old wii that i used the super smash brawl stage exploit thing long time ago to mod it.

Need to say that i did something wrong or half of the exploit, cause the SSB game freezes on certain stages and the console doesnt run newer games than SSB, like monster hunter or zelda. it also doesnt have a usb loader for some reason, so a needed a cd to run the games.

I was so afraid to brick the console that i never updated the firmware (doesnt remember now the version, sorry).

That being said, my plan is to factory reset the console and upgrade it to the last firmware before use your mod. what do you think about it? Do i do it or just start with the step 2?

keep up the good work. thanks in advance

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have an old wii that i used the super smash brawl stage exploit thing long time ago to mod it.

Need to say that i did something wrong or half of the exploit, cause the SSB game freezes on certain stages and the console doesnt run newer games than SSB, like monster hunter or zelda. it also doesnt have a usb loader for some reason, so a needed a cd to run the games.

I was so afraid to brick the console that i never updated the firmware (doesnt remember now the version, sorry).

That being said, my plan is to factory reset the console and upgrade it to the last firmware before use your mod. what do you think about it? Do i do it or just start with the step 2?

keep up the good work. thanks in advance
If you have already Homebrew Channel, start from Getting your SysCheck log, and so on.

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
got it, thanks for the answer

gonna try to use your mod this week and will post here the results

(you should do a youtube tutorial for scary noobs like me, lol)

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it, thanks for the answer

gonna try to use your mod this week and will post here the results

(you should do a youtube tutorial for scary noobs like me, lol)
im against youtube videos as guide, im sorry, since they get outdated from time to time,or if i decided to change the software source code, then it would be needed to redo the video just for that change.

Reactions: rikumax25!

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, i used setmiiup and followed the steps to upgrade my mod

modmii found that i needed to update 46 new ios and some other files, in a total of 68 (lol)

everything went perfect, thanks to you. as i thought, all my fear of bricking the console was ridiculous considering how easy is to do everything when following your steps.

for those who are reading this and have any doubts, do not worry and use setmiiup. its 100% guaranteed and made it so simple that anyone can do it (if i can do, everybody can)

now i need to solve some points that i think that thats nothing to do with your mod. both usb loader and neogamma doesnt work, just restart the wii, and loadmii doesnt recognize my external hard drive or any usb plugged on the console

i need more reading to see what im a missing. probably it have something to do with the iso (what "slugged" iso means?) or the format of the usb (dont know if have something to do with fat32 etc)

anyways, thanks for everything and keep up the good work. im pretty sure setmiiup will help a lot of people like me.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean "stubbed IOS?" If so, that means the slot is essentially empty. The stub does nothing except reset the console when it gets loaded.

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, its only that my ISOs have all the word "slugged" on its name

at first i thought that it was something to do with the name of the person who publishes de file (like YIFY for movies), but it looks like it not the case

my focus with the mod wasnt to play pirate games, but to keep the console up to date forever (unless nintendo creates another patch, something that i think its impossible) and since im doing it, my plan is to get 100% of the console, getting it ready for everything that it can do, including emulators and game cube support

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, its only that my ISOs have all the word "slugged" on its name

at first i thought that it was something to do with the name of the person who publishes de file (like YIFY for movies), but it looks like it not the case

my focus with the mod wasnt to play pirate games, but to keep the console up to date forever (unless nintendo creates another patch, something that i think its impossible) and since im doing it, my plan is to get 100% of the console, getting it ready for everything that it can do, including emulators and game cube support
Slugged iso? can you please provide a photo of this?

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does it have any difference for the usb loader to launch?

i mean, if the file/name of the ISO is the real thing that its not making the game run on the console, i can find a alternative one e try again

i thought that the real point was the fact that both usb loader and neogamma doesnt even start, it just reset the console back to the wii menu. i think that if the loaders doesnt "load" theres is no point discussing the ISO for now, right?

im pretty sure that all the 68 files were sucessfully installed, so i know that its not a "stubbed IOS" like greywolf said, but what i dont know is if modmii dowloaded the updated files for the loaders

of course that its my opinion, based on what i know (and i know nothing), and i aware that SetMiiUp did his job flawlessly, having nothing to do with the situation, so i understand if you guys dont want to talk loaders on this topic in particular

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it have any difference for the usb loader to launch?

i mean, if the file/name of the ISO is the real thing that its not making the game run on the console, i can find a alternative one e try again

i thought that the real point was the fact that both usb loader and neogamma doesnt even start, it just reset the console back to the wii menu. i think that if the loaders doesnt "load" theres is no point discussing the ISO for now, right?

im pretty sure that all the 68 files were sucessfully installed, so i know that its not a "stubbed IOS" like greywolf said, but what i dont know is if modmii dowloaded the updated files for the loaders

of course that its my opinion, based on what i know (and i know nothing), and i aware that SetMiiUp did his job flawlessly, having nothing to do with the situation, so i understand if you guys dont want to talk loaders on this topic in particular
For the loaders, you need the app folder on the SD/USB depending to where the forwarder point.

So you will need the app folder with the apps included, they are not full channels, they are just forwarder, that's why if you don't have the correct folder name of the app, inside the app folder, it will throw you back to the Main Menu.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ISOs need to be named properly in a folder structure.

Wii:
/wbfs/game name [titleid]/titleid.wbfs

GC:
/games/game name [titleid]/game.iso

D

Deleted-379826

Oh, just saw this now. This is pretty dang sweet, I should show it to some friends. :P Also that Graphical Interface thing for 3ds.guide you mentioned on the first page sounds pretty cool and would make everything even easier!

Ucanthandlemeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so I have mod a wii once it work perfect and now I try with another one but when I click on the letterbomb its goes right back to the wii menu.? Also when I try to get the file from the site hackmii the msg wont show up in my message board can anyon help ? sorry for my bad English !

NVM GOT IT WORK NOW !

Last edited by Ucanthandlemeh,

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im not at home right now to do some testing, but i didnt even tried to lauch the usb loader via HBC. since now i never heard about the "fowarder" thing, i just presumed that everything on the homebrew channel would magicaly appear on wii menu (sorry)

so, if i launch the usb loader via HBC and it works, the problem is in the fowarder thing. if its not, i will delete the app, download it on the sd card again on SD:/Apps/usbloadergx (or _gx) and install it on the hbc

if its only the fowarder, how do i change it? just rename the folder on the SD card? i know that its a stupid question, but its better ask for it than ask for a help in a brick situation, i guess

Your ISOs need to be named properly in a folder structure.

Wii:
/wbfs/game name [titleid]/titleid.wbfs

GC:
/games/game name [titleid]/game.iso

For properly naming convention, use Wii Backup Manager.

i was doing some reading about it and was saving my doubts for the future, haha

i downloaded 3 games for testing, one of then is xenoblade in all its 8gb glory. i know that it would not fit on a usb without the wii backup manager, and know that the app convert the ISO to .wbfs automatically, but i read in some sites and topics that wbfs is no good for some reason.

i personally tought that wbps were only for dolphin, but if the wii backup manager make it work in my wii without slowdowns i will have no complaints

doesnt even tried the app because my first concern is the usb loader. how about neogamma? is it really outdated? can i delete it?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not at home right now to do some testing, but i didnt even tried to lauch the usb loader via HBC. since now i never heard about the "fowarder" thing, i just presumed that everything on the homebrew channel would magicaly appear on wii menu (sorry)

so, if i launch the usb loader via HBC and it works, the problem is in the fowarder thing. if its not, i will delete the app, download it on the sd card again on SD:/Apps/usbloadergx (or _gx) and install it on the hbc

if its only the fowarder, how do i change it? just rename the folder on the SD card? i know that its a stupid question, but its better ask for it than ask for a help in a brick situation, i guess

i was doing some reading about it and was saving my doubts for the future, haha

i downloaded 3 games for testing, one of then is xenoblade in all its 8gb glory. i know that it would not fit on a usb without the wii backup manager, and know that the app convert the ISO to .wbfs automatically, but i read in some sites and topics that wbfs is no good for some reason.

i personally tought that wbps were only for dolphin, but if the wii backup manager make it work in my wii without slowdowns i will have no complaints

doesnt even tried the app because my first concern is the usb loader. how about neogamma? is it really outdated? can i delete it?

You are probably confusing the wbfs format of the game, from the wbfs format of a drive.

The drive should be Fat32, but some people got a pretty darn outdated wbfs format drive, this is the no good. [it does work, but you can only store games, and on a fat32 partition, you can store games + apps + music + movies and so on]

WiiBackUpManager turns the .iso into .wbfs files, an iso can be normally higher than 4gb, since fat32 only supports 4gb, WiiBackUpManager splits the files into .wbfs and .wbfs1, this tells the usbloader to keep reading the file of the game ;D

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Reactions: orloff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: