hyAxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I just completed assassda's guide. I have a PAL Wii, now with a hacked 4.0. However, the Shop Channel still tells me there's an update, and the SD Card Menu crashes (and those are the only 2 things I tried). I went by the offline guide.

I need your help to set it back to a clean 3.2E (or any other, I don't care), so I can install Nintendo's 4.0 and get a clean console. I know I will lose the Homebrew Channel and all the hacks, but I never used them much anyways.

So, how can I do it?

Thank you for your time.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hyAxis said:
Hey guys,

I just completed assassda's guide. I have a PAL Wii, now with a hacked 4.0. However, the Shop Channel still tells me there's an update, and the SD Card Menu crashes (and those are the only 2 things I tried). I went by the offline guide.

I need your help to set it back to a clean 3.2E (or any other, I don't care), so I can install Nintendo's 4.0 and get a clean console. I know I will lose the Homebrew Channel and all the hacks, but I never used them much anyways.

So, how can I do it?

Thank you for your time.

The same thing happens to me with regards to the Shop Channel. If anyone could tell us how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

And the SD Card menu crashes because you have all those hacks on it. But it still works, do not worry about that. Just remove the hacks and put your own stuff (i.e. wads folder, apps folder).

konner920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to Format the system Memory. you WILL lose ALL of your saved games. and channels. So i suggest backing up your saves.

you MUST have Preloader .29 to launch back into the system menu after the format. Then you just run Wii system update in Wii settings and it cleans your Wii and makes it a virgin once again

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
konner920 said:
Advice on how to brick yourself.

Do NOT listen to this. Formatting a hacked Wii will most likely bring nothing but more trouble for you.

To fix your sd card menu delete the private folder on your sd card. You can't have bannerbomb on your card and use the sd card menu at the same time.

As for the shop channel, was IOS61 one of the IOS's you installed? That would be what the shop channel needs. There may also be an updated shop channel itself to install, but I'm not sure what those 18 wad's in the offline install are.

Edit:

Wait wait wait wait....wait...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163200

So you brick your Wii trying to do that and then 10 minutes later advise someone else to do the same thing? wtf dude. W.T.F.

hyAxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if my Wii will brick if I tell it to get Nintendo's 4.0 update (remember, it has a patched 4.0)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...