Sent two Xbox's by Mistake...

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he paid for one , but got two.. send one back , for a refund , and have a second for free.
There's a much higher chance they will notice it then, and since it was a black Friday sale he could probably get more money just reselling it anyway

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You would be an absolute fool to voluntarily give it back. They will not question you and if they do say you have no idea what they are talking about. Say you only received one and that's that.

Ban this member if he decides to do anything different. :gun:

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haha ! Asking on gbatemp, what to do about a game console you got for free :P
Yeah, you'll get a lot of nice advice here, I'm sure all the people who got free games on some iso site offered Nintendo to get their roms back.
I'm not saying it's not the thing to do, just that there won't be a huge debate about ethics here :P

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I received 2 chairs and 2 microphones from amazon a year ago.

told them that I received it twice, they told me to return it "if you dont want it". I clearly said that I received 2 by an error on their part. But thats all they said.

So I sent it back and got full refund. BUT I had the items too :P
Called again, and they have no idea what was going on. They thought I returned the items that I didnt wanted. Got it for free I guess.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would let them know. Most of the time they just shrug and let you keep it. Freebies! (This way you get to feel good about yourself)

Reactions: XtremeHacker

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cancel your credit card/deactivate your paypal so once they figure out the mistake and you act dumb, they can't charge you again.

Keep that shit son

They can't charge you for their own mistake.
That's illegal.

If he ordered an xbone and they sent him 36 Xbones, they can't then decide to charge him for the other 35. He only ordered one, he only gave permission to take money to pay for that one xbone.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
They can't charge you for their own mistake.
That's illegal.

If he ordered an xbone and they sent him 36 Xbones, they can't then decide to charge him for the other 35. He only ordered one, he only gave permission to take money to pay for that one xbone.

Well i also believe that keeping property that isnt actually paid for also constitutes as theft and i dare say that stating "it was mistake on their on part" wouldn't be much of a leg to stand on. They would certainly attempt to charge for it if they have the relevant paperwork and a signature from the receiver at the post office....

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it bro. If you're really scared, cancel your credit card and order another one just so they can't charge you again.

Their loss is your gain. If they don't want to lose money, they should be more careful. It's not like they're calling you asking you to send it back. KEEP IT.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i also believe that keeping property that isnt actually paid for also constitutes as theft and i dare say that stating "it was mistake on their on part" wouldn't be much of a leg to stand on. They would certainly attempt to charge for it if they have the relevant paperwork and a signature from the receiver at the post office....

You would be entirely wrong on all counts then.
Otherwise stores would do this all the time and just charge you for all of the items. Which makes 0 sense.

In essence, they gave away an xbox one. It was likely a computer error and frankly i'm sure no shits would be given even if they realized it happened.

They really legally cannot do anything. It was their fuckup, they made the mistake and therefore they absolutely cannot punish him for it. Like I said originally, they can ask nicely if he could give it back, but that's about all they can do. Big companies would almost never do that anyway. Especially not for something as small as an Xbox One. Mistakes like this are pennies and the effort required to fix it would likely outweigh any profit from doing it.

There was no theft. He didn't steal anything. He was GIVEN an extra xbox one. They fucked up, not him. 0 legal responsibility, gg no re.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
You would be entirely wrong on all counts then.
Otherwise stores would do this all the time and just charge you for all of the items. Which makes 0 sense.

In essence, they gave away an xbox one. It was likely a computer error and frankly i'm sure no shits would be given even if they realized it happened.

They really legally cannot do anything. It was their fuckup, they made the mistake and therefore they absolutely cannot punish him for it. Like I said originally, they can ask nicely if he could give it back, but that's about all they can do. Big companies would almost never do that anyway. Especially not for something as small as an Xbox One. Mistakes like this are pennies and the effort required to fix it would likely outweigh any profit from doing it.

There was no theft. He didn't steal anything. He was GIVEN an extra xbox one. They fucked up, not him. 0 legal responsibility, gg no re.

Lol mate, I'm unsure of which country exactly you come from or have lived in the past to form this point of view, but my real developed-world experience of 10 years employment in the transport logistics and warehousing sector in Australia within the third largest mining, resources and commodities trader IN THE WORLD has taught me that if there is a paper trail (which for a 500 dollar piece of electronics, there absolutely will be. Hell, my company will even investigate 5 dollar discrepancies!) I can guarantee there will be an investigation and subsequent attempt to recover losses. Hence why OP should just spend the 5 minutes ringing his bank, tell them the card was stolen to get it cancelled and a new shipped out free of charge. And how long does it take to deactivate a paypal account also? 30 seconds? "It was their mistake so i kept it" does not work in Australia if the goods have been signed for by the receiver. I can't speak for anywhere else really. But it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol mate, I'm unsure of which country exactly you come from or have lived in the past to form this point of view, but my real developed-world experience of 10 years employment in the transport logistics and warehousing sector in Australia within the third largest mining, resources and commodities trader IN THE WORLD has taught me that if there is a paper trail (which for a 500 dollar piece of electronics, there absolutely will be. Hell, my company will even investigate 5 dollar discrepancies!) I can guarantee there will be an investigation and subsequent attempt to recover losses. Hence why OP should just spend the 5 minutes ringing his bank, tell them the card was stolen to get it cancelled and a new shipped out free of charge. And how long does it take to deactivate a paypal account also? 30 seconds? "It was their mistake so i kept it" does not work in Australia if the goods have been signed for by the receiver. I can't speak for anywhere else really. But it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Cancelling a credit card wouldnt do anything. They still have all personal details and could contact the card issuing company if they were really hell bent on recovering losses. Its like having a dynamic ip, if you committed a crime on the internet and your assigned a new ip after, there are still logs of who the address belonged to at the time of the alleged crime.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You're still wrong which is what is really funny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: