Homebrew Sensible Soccer + SNES emulation

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a Cyclo DS Evolution and an EZ 3-1 expansion pack (although I'm pretty sure the internal battery has gone on the EZ 3-1 because it hardly ever saves my GBA games, even though it's brand new). I have JenesisDS and no matter how many files I get hold of for Sensible Soccer, not one of them works. The emulation speed normally runs at around 60 for my working games but it never goes above 40 for Sensible Soccer and I just get a black screen that does nothing. Ideas?

And I've been using SnemulDS for a long time now and it's not exactly reliable. Are there any noteworthy alternatives? Preferably something that can run Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Jelly Boy, Super Metroid and Starwing. Starwing only gets music on my current emulator, no visuals whatsoever. Does SnemulDS not support the SuperFX chip or something?

And one final question. Is there any way around the problems with my EZ Flash not saving GBA games properly, short of replacing it? I lost the receipt so I can't even swap it over. Been wanting to play FF5 and 6, Golden Sun, etc, but without the ability to save I'm looking at having to put one hell of a performance on, going through these games in one sitting and making no mistakes whatsoever. How bad would it be to get to the final boss and die and have to start the whole damn thing again?

Cheers in advance.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With jEnesisDS, have you tried changing all the options? H-int for instance? Sometimes you have to fiddle with them to get games to boot.

SNEmulDS is the best you're going to get on the DS, though you can try SnezziDS as a decent alternative to see if it runs any of your games better. No SNES emulator for the DS supports any coprocessor chips, so Starfox/Starwing is not playable for that reason. Super Metroid is entirely playable on the DS, though it does have that minor issue with the background lagging sometimes. Just change the vblank or speed setting in the options to fix that, though it may reduce overall emulation speed.

EDIT: Also according to http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List Zombies Ate My Neighbors is playable.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
anywhere I can go to get all those options explained to me? The whole reason I picked a Cyclo is because I just plug it in and it works, I'm no good with fiddling about with options. Anything more technical than at best Fire Emblem and I get lost. And while games like Jelly Boy and Zombies are technically playale on SnemulDS, they lag like hell. I was wondering if there was any progress with a decent SNES emulator for DS since we don't really have one at the moment. Oh well. Worst case scenario, at least Sonic and Streets of rage both work, that was the whole reason I got the damn thing in the first place.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This isn't quite what you're after, but Jelly Boy 2 is actually highly playable in SNEmulDS. There are issues with some parts of bosses not appearing, which makes them a little tougher to hit since you'll need to guess where they are, but the game works. It's also a more enjoyable game than the first Jelly Boy anyway.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
anywhere I can go to get all those options explained to me?

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS

Hasn't been updated past v0.5 Beta, so the latest version is going to be slightly different since it has an actual GUI, but most of the options are the same. The main difference you need to be concerned with is that the old "no vblank" setting on that page is "fast speed" in v0.6, and "wait vblank" is "normal speed".

You should be fiddling with this option and the speedhacks option for pretty much every game you launch. You'll also want to adjust the cropping or scaling of the screen since it defaults to cropping the bottom of the screen rather than centering it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc