Senran Kagura 2 Crashing on Luma3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by taggart6, Jun 4, 2016.

1. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Midway during the first chapter fight, the game goes into a loading where it stays. It seems to be stuck in an endless loading loop. Hitting the home button crashes the 3ds requiring a hold power reset.

Is any one else having this issue? Any ideas on what's going on?

2. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    Reinstall/repair from the eShop page of the game

3. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I can I do that even if the game was installed via CIA?

4. lpchaim

lpchaim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Not without some additional effort, no. For what it's worth, I've dumped my game and it installed and has been working great so far, well into the penultimate chapter. Your CIA is either corrupt or something went wrong during the install process.
    Also, not to be an asshole but I'm pretty sure this section has little to do with your inquiry as opposed to, say, the CFW/Flashcard one.

5. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    oh I'm sorry, I thought I had posted this there. I must have had the wrong window open. My mistake!

On a side note, do you have a reference on how I can download from the store using a cia install?

6. Soundmaniac

Soundmaniac Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    Belgium
    Getting the same problem but during a later chapter.

7. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    If you want to repair the software, find the game on e-shop open it and on the download menu scroll all the way to the bottom and click repair. I did this when I got a corrupt pokemon yellow.cia

8. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Luma3DS has nothing to do with it, the crashing when pressing home issue happened even on Gateway. The game still crashes for me every now an then while trying to close it out, but it doesn't matter since I saved already. It's fully beatable

9. Soundmaniac

Soundmaniac Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    Belgium
    Both the eshop version (ctr-bnup) and the cartridge version (cat-bnup) crash at chapter 2-01 for me (first chapter where you play as homura). Trying to restore the game (both versions) through the eshop gives me error 007-6106, and breaks the game. I've tried to reinstall various times. I'm running arm9loaderhax.

10. Scarecrow B

Scarecrow B ScrapTown

Dec 29, 2015
    Mexico
    Did you manage to fix it? I'm having the exact same issue at the same chapter (Using Luma with arm9loaderhax).

Edit. Or if anyone could share a save after chapter two, I think that should solve the problem too.

Last edited by Scarecrow B, Jul 1, 2016
  11. Falcon92

Falcon92 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    I had the same problem, changing the Clock setting to off on the Luma3DS menu worked it for me.

12. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    1) turn off clock setting or lower it
    2) find .tik file and install it and repair game on eShop