Hacking Question Sending my CFW switch for repairs. Should I be worried?

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anybody had succes with this ? I also need to send in my switch because it won't output to the tv anymore. I cleared my logs and factory resetted my switch but my switch is banned i wonder if they are gonna check for that since i'ts a hardware related problem

Rabbid4240

i dont know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody had succes with this ? I also need to send in my switch because it won't output to the tv anymore. I cleared my logs and factory resetted my switch but my switch is banned i wonder if they are gonna check for that since i'ts a hardware related problem
1. This thread is ded.
2. Why the fuck would you factory reset it?
3. They probably wont check for ban and if they find it they won't care.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you're banned it means it was for having unauthorized software on your Switch and I don't believe Nintendo repairs Switches that have been modified with such software.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1 i know this thread is dead but i just hoped maybe someone would respond who had the same issue and tell me if they repaired it or not. 2 I tried to leave as little traces of hacking as possible thats why i cleared my logs and factory resetted. I obviously first backed up my saves and made a full nand backup. Now they will only know if they would try to go online with it or if they would check if the serial number is banned. Still question remains will they even bother to check those things as it's just a broken usb-c port.

Last edited by Buurmanzz92,

Rabbid4240

i dont know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 i know this thread is dead but i just hoped maybe someone would respond who had the same issue and tell me if they repaired it or not. 2 I tried to leave as little traces of hacking as possible thats why i cleared my logs and factory resetted. I obviously first backed up my saves and made a full nand backup. Now they will only know if they would try to go online with it or if they would check if the serial number is banned. Still question remains will they even bother to check those things as it's just a broken usb-c port.
I would rather just get another dock. They're really cheap like $30. I wouldn't recommend sending it to Nintendo.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you know it's the switch and not the dock?

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would rather just get another dock. They're really cheap like $30. I wouldn't recommend sending it to Nintendo.
Yeah but the problem is it's not the dock. I tested it with a friends switch and it's fine. It's the usb-c altough it charges it doesn't output tv anymore. I think i'm gonna bring it back to the shop where i bought it i still have 1 year warranty. I think the worst case would be that they found out it's banned and refuse to repair it. But i can always try don't realy have anything to lose i think.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do you know it's the switch and not the dock?
I already tested it with a friend and his switch is working fine with my dock. Also tried my switch in his dock and that also would not work

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the problem is it's not the dock. I tested it with a friends switch and it's fine. It's the usb-c altough it charges it doesn't output tv anymore. I think i'm gonna bring it back to the shop where i bought it i still have 1 year warranty. I think the worst case would be that they found out it's banned and refuse to repair it. But i can always try don't realy have anything to lose i think.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already tested it with a friend and his switch is working fine with my dock. Also tried my switch in his dock and that also would not work
you're best best is to reset from maintenance mode and clean sd card before you send it in. Worst case scenario is that they don't repair it and you have to pay for shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...