Hacking Sending Hacked Pokemon over to Pokemon Bank?

popeel1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was curious about the topic, so i searched around on the net. Stumbling upon Pokemon Bank's website, the following was mentioned in the frequently asked questions:

"Does Pokémon Bank include a legitimacy checker that will prevent people from depositing "hacked" Pokémon or Pokémon that have been created using unauthorized methods?

We cannot go into details of the checks we intend to put in place, as such information could be used in an effort to circumvent such checks in the future. In order to protect the Pokémon that you worked so hard to raise and to preserve your save data, we ask that you please enjoy playing Pokémon in the correct way, as described in the game manual."(source: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/)

Do you guys think that Pokemon Bank will use the same check system as VGC or will there be new counter measures for checking the legitimacy of hacked pokemon?

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
it will use the same checks in vgc since nothing changed on gen 5 so any legal hack can be transferred to pokebank

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably include more thorough legality checks, but it's really not that hard to generate legal Pokemon. If done correctly, they will almost certainly pass the checks.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a tute for generating legit pokemon?

I'm really just trying to get those event pokemon which I've missed out.

popeel1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i used that website, not all of my pokemon came out as legal. I just use pokecheck to download pokemon, and pikaedit to edit my pokemon with new pids and everything

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometime you could bypass the checks in PBR when you transfer to the wii save, but then if you try to play with those pkmns online. The wifi connection apparentlychecks again, and sometimes a pokemon that seems to be "legit" in pbr is rejected when you try to play online

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use pokecheck to download pokemon, and pikaedit to edit my pokemon with new pids and everything

Then you're doing something wrong during the editing process. For example, you might be applying a PID that the Pokemon cannot have.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are lots of reasons one might want to hack Pokemon. Editing IVs, Editing EVs, editing movesets, viewing IVs, viewing EVs, editing nicknames, etc.
I think some people want a more fundamental answer to that question.
The biggest part of Pokémon games is raising your Pokémon and be proud of them. Hacking them in is the same as pressing a Win button. You'll blaze through the game and I can't imagine that being as much fun as playing it the proper way.
People say they hack because of time constrictions, but hacking them in seems even more of a waste of time. There just seems to be zero return for it.

Reactions: NEP

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest part of Pokémon games is raising your Pokémon and be proud of them.

Except that hacking can be used as much as a verification process as an actual editing process. Breeding good IVs is time-consuming, while also keeping in mind that the competitive landscape is one of perfect IVs. Couple the time-consuming nature of team-building with the everchanging nature of the metagame.

Hacking them in is the same as pressing a Win button. You'll blaze through the game and I can't imagine that being as much fun as playing it the proper way.
I don't think anyone's talking about the campaign mode.

People say they hack because of time constrictions, but hacking them in seems even more of a waste of time. There just seems to be zero return for it.
No, hacking is quantifiably less time-consuming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0