Sending Hacked Pokemon over to Pokemon Bank?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by popeel1, Nov 18, 2013.

1. popeel1
    OP

popeel1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2012
    Canada
    Toronto
    I was curious about the topic, so i searched around on the net. Stumbling upon Pokemon Bank's website, the following was mentioned in the frequently asked questions:

"Does Pokémon Bank include a legitimacy checker that will prevent people from depositing "hacked" Pokémon or Pokémon that have been created using unauthorized methods?

We cannot go into details of the checks we intend to put in place, as such information could be used in an effort to circumvent such checks in the future. In order to protect the Pokémon that you worked so hard to raise and to preserve your save data, we ask that you please enjoy playing Pokémon in the correct way, as described in the game manual."(source: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/)

Do you guys think that Pokemon Bank will use the same check system as VGC or will there be new counter measures for checking the legitimacy of hacked pokemon?

2. Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2013
    it will use the same checks in vgc since nothing changed on gen 5 so any legal hack can be transferred to pokebank

3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    are we sure if it the same checks
    there may be many new checks that happen

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It will probably include more thorough legality checks, but it's really not that hard to generate legal Pokemon. If done correctly, they will almost certainly pass the checks.

5. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Is there a tute for generating legit pokemon?

I'm really just trying to get those event pokemon which I've missed out.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can find specific event Pokemon all over the internet, including but not limited to sites like Pokecheck.

7. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    There are many tutorials on the internet. Just search "how to create legal pokemon". Also, pokedit (http://www.pokedit.com/download/default-pkm/pokemon-black/) has legal pre-made PKMs - you can edit the move set, name, etc but leave everything else alone and unless you did something else wrong it will pass.

8. popeel1
    OP

popeel1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2012
    Canada
    Toronto
    when i used that website, not all of my pokemon came out as legal. I just use pokecheck to download pokemon, and pikaedit to edit my pokemon with new pids and everything

9. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    sometime you could bypass the checks in PBR when you transfer to the wii save, but then if you try to play with those pkmns online. The wifi connection apparentlychecks again, and sometimes a pokemon that seems to be "legit" in pbr is rejected when you try to play online

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Then you're doing something wrong during the editing process. For example, you might be applying a PID that the Pokemon cannot have.

11. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Hm, sorta new to pokemon games...

Why people hack/use hacked pokemons?

mr. fancypants likes this.
  12. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Save time.

13. dezmen

dezmen GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Erm, what does "hack" do? Maxes out IV or making them even more higher to one shot all?

14. Soopy

Soopy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2007
    United States
    United States

Save time, ruin the experience. I guess it's up to the individual how much they want to get out of the game.

15. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

I mean seriously, who would play the game, its easier just to hack pokemons and then .... then.... yeah that's all, afterwards u just close the 3DS.

NEP likes this.
  16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There are lots of reasons one might want to hack Pokemon. Editing IVs, Editing EVs, editing movesets, viewing IVs, viewing EVs, editing nicknames, etc.

17. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I think some people want a more fundamental answer to that question.
    The biggest part of Pokémon games is raising your Pokémon and be proud of them. Hacking them in is the same as pressing a Win button. You'll blaze through the game and I can't imagine that being as much fun as playing it the proper way.
    People say they hack because of time constrictions, but hacking them in seems even more of a waste of time. There just seems to be zero return for it.

NEP likes this.
  18. mr. fancypants

mr. fancypants that´s ´Sir´ for you!

Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    right here, right now

my goodness why do you want to us hacked pokemon? i am happy with the countermeasures ninty took against fakémon

19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Except that hacking can be used as much as a verification process as an actual editing process. Breeding good IVs is time-consuming, while also keeping in mind that the competitive landscape is one of perfect IVs. Couple the time-consuming nature of team-building with the everchanging nature of the metagame.

I don't think anyone's talking about the campaign mode.

No, hacking is quantifiably less time-consuming.

20. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Then what exactly? Hacking in Pokémon for... Online mode? That would give me even less satisfaction. To be able to win over others by cheating? Bah.