Hacking semi bricked wii

litloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so... i'm totally new to this mod stuff and i tried to just search for it but i couldn't quite find the info and i don't want to accidentally brick it permanently :(
i bought the wii in taiwan (asia), somehow hacked or moded as we played downloaded games on it, but its probably japanese. now we cant play bought games as they are european, so i bought a sd card and wanted to play games through that. i started looking on how to install homebrew and hackmii and twillight channel and all that, but i discovered when i tried to find what version i have that the wii is semi bricked, as i can't go in to my system settings. i found out that i should reinstall my stystem menu, but i dont know what version i had before, how to reinstall or whether i should install homebrew or hackmii first so i dont brick it permanently. also can i install all this with the sd card? and in what order shold install it all with?
i'm sorry i know its a lot of questions but im so lost about this so if you know just a little bit i would appreciate the help and maybe i can find the rest with google or something? :S
thanks in advance

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to install hackmii with bannerbomb v2. You load it from the sd menu at the bottom of the channel menu. If you get error 004 your on 4.3, if you don't have the sd menu your 3.x. Once you get the HBC installed load wiimod. In wiimod go to the advanced menu, region settings. The region settings will tell you what region the settings are, then just install the proper system ios and system menu. Also be aware of the possibility that the wii could be korean. Installing a non korean menu 4.2+ can brick them.
You can check the wii's original region with http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....ct-any-Wii-s-original-region?highlight=korean
If it was Korean you could remove the korean key with http://www.hacksden.com/entry.php/26-KoreanKii-Add-or-remove-the-Korean-key-from-your-Wii
The best thing to do would be a proper region change to your region. Check for the Korean key, if you have it remove it.

Reactions: litloo

litloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you mauifrog! no i have a loose plan of what o do :)
so now i have tried installing hackmii, i have it downloaded and all but i used bannerbomb v1 and my wii just saw the file in my sd card as ??? so i tried v2 and i got the 004# error, so it's 4.3. unfortunately i dont have my mac code so i cant use letterbomb, im thinking im unable to use the "fe100" thing since i don't think i have ever been connected to the internet, though i want to try it. but i cant find anywhere to download this "fe100".
:( anyone have a download link or something?

litloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! sorry i didnt answer i am very thankful that you helped me! i gave up on fixing my wii but now i have decided to try once again
i finally found my mac#, and used lettebomb so now i have successfully installed homebrew, bootmii (as ios) and priiiiloader. i heard that you were supposed to use anyregion changer to make the system menu and area and game and whatnot settings to match. but when i use the app, i get the error codes :
Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)
and
Error! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)
but i can still continue to the menu
there it says "WARNING: AREA/SysMenu MISMATCH!"
though on "system menu 3.2 installer" it says Installed Region: "."
i have tried using sysCheck to see if it can figure out what region im using, but it crashes and redirects me to bootmii
i tried using mauifrogs (im guessing its you cause the username is the same?) guide on wii hacks (http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii...brick-system-settings-locked-opera-error.html) and installed the europe 4.1 version because the europe on was what worked when i installed lettebomb (when i tried the usa and japanese ones my wii froze) but nothing chaged
when i try to enter wii settings they show me the opera error page as usual, but it says marc:FIX/US/ENG/intex01.html, and according to a guy here (http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?22,70167) that means its the area setting that is wrong, and intstalling a new system menu wont fix it because the area settings will still be the same
i have tried so many solutions and nothing is working i am so frustrated :(
*i have version 4.3
*i am not connected to the internet
*when i got it it was hacked somehow, we used burnt discs to play games, but no homebrew was installed
*pretty sure its not a korean verison, some stuff around are in japanese and chinese, but never korean

EDIT: the serial number that is printed on the undersidesticker says LTF100***** and according to (http://www.wiidrives.com/list) NO country or region has that serial number??

litloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
geeez now i feel really stupid.
i re-read your first post and tried wiimod and it worked
just like that on the first try
haha so yeah thank you and sorry for screwing up and not properly reading the posts

Jems Chen

Trophies
XP
Country
hey um im having the same problem and i was wondering how you found your mac#? I dont have anything installed -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-