Hacking Semi Brick?

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I think I just semi bricked my wii and need some help.
I went through the 3.4 to 3.2 and then to 4.0 through the Waninoko method last week. Everything worked fine, I could install wads, and play them of my sd cards.
Today I was installing a few new wads to try out, and moved them right to the SD card before I played them. Then as I tried to load them, it says "Failed to launch".
I erased them and tried again with one and it wouldn't load again. I then tried to play a game I installed last week, but wouldn't boot as well. I made sure if my SD was corrupting by booting a game I bought from the Wii Shop Channel and it booted perfectly.
I then tried a wad I had in the Wii's flashed memory and it also booted. So now I'm scared I might have bricked my Wii.

So in short, when I try to play installed games through the wad manager via the SD cards it fails to boot. Everything else, works.
Also, I have preloader installed (although I don't know how to make it work) and had WiiConnect24 on (although I think Nintendo couldn't ban you)

So please help! Thank you in advance
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

You should searched. This problem was addressed several times already.

Install CIOS60bf.wad (Correct the name if I was wrong), then re-install Preloader.

And do you even know what's a semi-brick? Because that's not a semi-brick.

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm sorry
tongue.gif

I know (I think) that a bricked Wii won't turn on, so I thought semi brick had to do with running problems.
And I'm sorry didn't search before, I was kinda frustraded about the whole incident.
Will search now too get all the details, although if someone could make sure that was the correct CIOS I would greatly appreciate it.
Anyway thanks a lot dude, and sorry for being such a noob.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant play illegal wads through the SD Card as far as I know.
Maybe it has change I just never research cause its not something important.

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well I did, so it must have been fixed.
So, I've been searching, and came to the conclusion that I'm some kind of retard, because I really can't find this particular problem and I'm very afraid of bricking my Wii, since I saw a lot of guys were accidentally bricked them by uninstalling Ios, so I REALLY wanna make sure I get everything right before I attemp this.

So, to make sure, I have to install CIOS60bf.wad, then uninstall Preloader and install it again? And that's it?

D

Deleted User

xDlmaoxD said:
You cant play illegal wads through the SD Card as far as I know.
Maybe it has change I just never research cause its not something important.

You can. Stop giving false information if you can't get the info right.

QUOTE(Walo @ May 26 2009, 09:15 AM) Well I did, so it must have been fixed.
So, I've been searching, and came to the conclusion that I'm some kind of retard, because I really can't find this particular problem and I'm very afraid of bricking my Wii, since I saw a lot of guys were accidentally bricked them by uninstalling Ios, so I REALLY wanna make sure I get everything right before I attemp this.

So, to make sure, I have to install CIOS60bf.wad, then uninstall Preloader and install it again? And that's it?

Yes, install CIOS60bf.wad and RE-INSTALL Preloader, not uninstall Preloader and install it again. Just re-install and yes, that's it.

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, so I installed CIOS60bf.wad and got system menu corrupted(I nearly crapped my pants for a second there:P) then I loaded preloader and the homebrew channel and loaded preloader v0.29 and the system menu worked again.
So, now I should have any problem loading wads through the SD?
And besides, why was it that I could play them before, but after installing these new batch it wouldn't load?

D

Deleted User

Walo said:
Ok, so I installed CIOS60bf.wad and got system menu corrupted(I nearly crapped my pants for a second there:P) then I loaded preloader and the homebrew channel and loaded preloader v0.29 and the system menu worked again.
So, now I should have any problem loading wads through the SD?
And besides, why was it that I could play them before, but after installing these new batch it wouldn't load?
Oh dayum, I think I just wasted some of your time :/. Forgive me. I thought you got the "Title can't be launched on this console" error (Which is supposed to be a problem with non-patched IOS60), but since you used Waninkoko's Upgrader (Which patches the IOS60)....... Forgive me....

Anyway, the "Failed to Launch" error mostly refers to an incompatible region problem. Now, what you should do is, check out "Region Free From SD" hacks from Wiibrew and enable that hack. Check out The Preloader Guide for links and how-to, good luck!

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's ok man, what matters is that it works now
smile.gif
I think I love you in a completely heterosexual way XD.
But seriously, thanks, I know it must be a pain in the ass to help noobs like me.
The wierd thing is though I only download NTSC-U games, so I think it shouldn't be a problem, will check the your guide though, hope having a mac doesn't give me any trouble.

Thanks again man!

D

Deleted User

It could be a region problem or not enough space in your Wii (Retarded, but hey, anything's possible
tongue.gif
)

Regardless, I think you should check out the hack. Good luck

SS92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way i found a way to fix a semi bricked wii!!!!
moogle.gif

you need HBC
lecture.gif

1) Its good to have a backup of the Nand (use bootmii - http://bootmii.org/ )
note it needs about 520 mb of sd to get that back up of the nand, i realy dont know that much about the Nand but its a back up of exactly the wii other then the update. So you can recover your wii...

2) Get AnyRegion Changer ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer ) (just google it)

3) copy the AnyRegion Changer to the SD in the 'apps' folder

4) Run HBC and run AnyRegion Changer and change the region to what ever you accidentally update you wii too

So that means if you have 4.0E, then change ONLY AREA, and GAME to europe. And then SAVE and press the home button

And that is it...you can change your settings and when there is a new update from the game CD then you can then change back to the original software of your wii!!!

I semi-bricked my wii few days ago...by Waninoko 4.0 update app. so i have an Wii which is realy an USA wii but now i have an european 4.0 software on an USA wii

And also i can chage my settings like the time, internet, wii connect 24 and also the country ( before i had 3.2U which has only USA city but now i can change that to Austalia!!! lol)

any one can try it...but just be caution and any one can copy this idea and improve it
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: if only it had as much capability/power as i do omw to your mom's place