Hacking Semi Brick question

draskopf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for any help you guys can give me.

I have a NTSC(U) wii with a serial # of LU34 the last disk i remember having an update was the Wiisports resort or the Price is Right 2010 not sure if they both have them or if they did which one i used last. My WII is now semi-bricked and I can not access the wii settings from the menu, everything else seems to work fine, games play and everything. I have searched and found some good reading but everything seems to be geared for the already modded wii's. I have a wasabi zero solderless chip installed but nothing else has been modded or added to the wii I have not even put on the HBC or anything like that (my bad, I know).

I am assuming the lastest menu I had was 4.1 because of these disk updates and I have no picture of an SD card on the main screen. What are my options for unbriking this thing, can I still add all the soft mod's and then downgrade the system menu following the offline downgrading tutorials I have seen on here?

any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whatever you do, DO NOT downgrade, its not normally a good idea. i suppose your best chance is to attempt using smashstack or indiana pwns (they are like the twilight hack) to run the necessary homebrew that can unbrick your wii (not that it makes much sense for it to brick from a nintendo update if all you have is a modchip...)

draskopf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the wasabi zero chip. My menu screen has no SD card icon so I am assuming I have 3.4U. I can not run the system-menu v289 fix disk as I keep getting unable to read errors on the regular version and the repadded version. I have internet because I can go to the internet channel and play all backed up games but I still can not access the system settings screen.

I ahve installed the HBC, USB Loader and WAD Manager.

Tried updating the clos to clos38 v.14 but it says error ret -1.

Not sure what else to try i do not have lego indiana jones so is there any other suggestions you guys have to get rid of the semi-brick?

draskopf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use the anyregionchanger to change the system menu region back to U if I semi-brcked it with a PAL disk (which is what I am assuming I have done)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night