Hacking Semi Brick issue. [[Black screen on games]]

meleshanna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo I had originally followed http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 that guide for downgrading, months ago. Worked perfecto. Yet i saw "softmii" guide. I had done that, installed preloader and everything else. Well, for some reason starfall and my ios's broke, I uninstalled all of the custom ios's and DVDx and everything else, and did a wii format. It ended up sorta bricking my wii, except Preloader was still on. I could install the homebrew channel VIA preloader but nothing else. So i took that recovery disk and ripped out that 289 wad and installed it, wee seemed perfect no homebrewno nothin' version 3.4, etc. Seemed like i could fix it until i tried. It won't load twilight princess, black screen. The only game it's loaded so far is wiifit. I talked to customer support, it's under warranty, should I do it? or wait for the 5 update on disks?

Basically:

Had followed the above guide, Got preloaded ran into issues, tried to backtrack and uninstall, semi bricked it, got it fixed but now no games load. Wii fit did though o.O. Has warranty, Should i use it? or wait for a new update and do the GC button thing?

Any help/experiences is appreciated

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as Wii Fit works, im assumin some of your IOS's broke as you said above. Try reinstalling them if you can use Wad Manager. At least try reinstalling 9 to see if it will load up TP...

meleshanna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is the ultimate issue... ALL of my homebrew was removed when it got semibricked and i recovered it using preloader :/. Is there possibly a way to basically factory recover a wii? That is after it reads discs.

Also, i forgot to mention; It's nothing to do with the drive, I wait until the disc channel shows the disc spinning thing and then the game video pops up, after that it goes black and the wiimote disconnects

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the backup launcher or gecko OS wad available? try loading the game through the gecko os. If you can use wad manager through preloader.

meleshanna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any homebrew on my wi... Not even the channel. I have everything i need on my sd card, but it's pointless if i can't boot into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: