Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is modded with YAOSM and the Wii firmware is 3.3

My problem is this:

-Semi bricked my Wii thanks to the update on Mario Sluggers (JP) (Dual channels)
-Wii gives me error when trying to boot the semi brick fix disc (Black screen "An error has occurred. Please remove disc and restart Wii")
-Tried booting the semi brick fix disc via Gecko OS and after a few seconds of trying to load it, it freezes on the Gecko OS screen. I press restart on the Wii and i get a code dump error with lots of random code at the top.

I have no idea how to fix the issue. I really wish to get into my Wii's settings again. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i go about doing that? Is it safe at all? Or should i just wait until someone finds a way to fix semi bricks on 3.3?

<Luke>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Korudo said:
How do i go about doing that? Is it safe at all? Or should i just wait until someone finds a way to fix semi bricks on 3.3?

If you have wifi, you can install the homebrew channel, install a cios and then use the cios firmware downgrader. Otherwise, you could use a game of your reigon that requires you to update to fix it. Also, for the future, you could use the homebrew app Starfall, which has an option to skip disc updates (you must be on FW 3.2 though).

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have wifi, you can install the homebrew channel, install a cios and then use the cios firmware downgrader.

What are the most current files? I am not sure how this process works. Sorry for all the noob questions. I really appreciate the help though.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Korudo said:
If you have wifi, you can install the homebrew channel, install a cios and then use the cios firmware downgrader.

What are the most current files? I am not sure how this process works. Sorry for all the noob questions. I really appreciate the help though.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer

Use that. =P You won't have to install cIOS.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried installing it and when i tried to set the Console Area Setting to "USA" it gave me a warning:

"WARNING: AREA/SysMenu MISMATCH!"

But if i set the area to Japan, it goes away. Guess i am on 3.3J. Whoops....shit. I tried setting it ti USA anyhow and then "Install system menu 3.2" and it gave me an error.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to install 3.2 just now and it said "Downloading Ticket....ERROR! (ret = -1)

Not sure if i ever set up an internet connection properly or not. I don't get it, last night i was able to play SSBB and MK online with no problems. Now today i keep getting an error telling me to check my internet connection settings. But i changed nothing between then and today.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Hopefully that will come around soon enough. Thank you so much guys for all your help. I really appreciate the helpful and informative users on this site. Now we play the waiting game haha.

angelus122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*SUPER CRAZY UPDATE!*

Okay, I had recently run into the same problem and didn't know what to do, so what I ended up doing is attempt to also use the AnyRegion Changer v1.1 on my Wii, which I had upgraded by using the PAL Version of Disaster: Day of Crisis, which caused my Wii to become semi bricked (at the time, 3.3U WiiKey 1.9S).

After reading this thread and looking at what was going on with the changer, I ended up leaving the Console Area Setting to Europe (due to Disaster, which then removed the Area/SysMenu Warning) and purposely installed the US version of 3.2.

After that had finished, it brought me back to the AnyRegion Changer Menu, for which I then changed the Console Area Setting to USA (the warning was still there) and did the update one more time. Afterwards, I rebooted back to the Wii Menu screen, and the Menu was back to US. Just to make sure, I went to my Wii Settings, and noticed that the firmware was 3.2U!!! It worked afterall!

But since I had 3.3U and everything was working when I had it, I popped Wii Music in (which has the 3.3U update) and updated the firmware back to 3.3U, the Wii Settings still worked and everything. Then just to be sure, I ran the AnyRegion Changer again, and the Console Area Setting was USA, and there was no Area/SysMenu warning whatsoever.

I figured since we basically did the reverse (installed Europe firmware on a US machine), to just do the opposite =), hope this helps!!!!!

PS:

You can probably use the Gecko Loader OS in order to get Sluggers to work by loading Gecko, and in the settings for Force NTSC make sure it says yes, as well as make sure the Language says English (since its a japanese game), then go back to the main menu, pop the game in, click load game, and you should be golden =)

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out the update on Wii Music fixed everything for me perfectly. Thanks alot for the info though. I'll try your suggestions for Sluggers tomorrow. I'll post the results. =)

angelus122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Korudo said:
Turns out the update on Wii Music fixed everything for me perfectly. Thanks alot for the info though. I'll try your suggestions for Sluggers tomorrow. I'll post the results. =)

You got it, keep me posted

angelus122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
angelus122 said:
*SUPER CRAZY UPDATE!*

Okay, I had recently run into the same problem and didn't know what to do, so what I ended up doing is attempt to also use the AnyRegion Changer v1.1 on my Wii, which I had upgraded by using the PAL Version of Disaster: Day of Crisis, which caused my Wii to become semi bricked (at the time, 3.3U WiiKey 1.9S).

After reading this thread and looking at what was going on with the changer, I ended up leaving the Console Area Setting to Europe (due to Disaster, which then removed the Area/SysMenu Warning) and purposely installed the US version of 3.2.

After that had finished, it brought me back to the AnyRegion Changer Menu, for which I then changed the Console Area Setting to USA (the warning was still there) and did the update one more time. Afterwards, I rebooted back to the Wii Menu screen, and the Menu was back to US. Just to make sure, I went to my Wii Settings, and noticed that the firmware was 3.2U!!! It worked afterall!

But since I had 3.3U and everything was working when I had it, I popped Wii Music in (which has the 3.3U update) and updated the firmware back to 3.3U, the Wii Settings still worked and everything. Then just to be sure, I ran the AnyRegion Changer again, and the Console Area Setting was USA, and there was no Area/SysMenu warning whatsoever.

I figured since we basically did the reverse (installed Europe firmware on a US machine), to just do the opposite =), hope this helps!!!!!

PS:

You can probably use the Gecko Loader OS in order to get Sluggers to work by loading Gecko, and in the settings for Force NTSC make sure it says yes, as well as make sure the Language says English (since its a japanese game), then go back to the main menu, pop the game in, click load game, and you should be golden =)

Whoops my mistake, change the language to Japanese cuz its a japanese game duh, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...