Hardware selling my wii

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,042
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted User

OP
I have the oldest wii generation, everything softmodded, bootmii backups etc... but my wii has some wierd wrong pixels and I found out that they are because I had wii connect 24 on and my wii's graphic chip got damaged. (If you think these pixels have another cause pls post it here)
I find this very annoying and so I think about selling my old wii and buying a cool, black one or, because I don't like my wii that much any more, buying a xbox 360.
what do you think is such a wii worth and where should I sell it?

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
ollepoll said:
I have the oldest wii generation, everything softmodded, bootmii backups etc... but my wii has some wierd wrong pixels and I found out that they are because I had wii connect 24 on and my wii's graphic chip got damaged. (If you think these pixels have another cause pls post it here)
I find this very annoying and so I think about selling my old wii and buying a cool, black one or, because I don't like my wii that much any more, buying a xbox 360.

Remember. Do you sell your Wii and buy one of these new black wiis so you will not be able to play backups of the discs anymore. Same thing with the new white Wii. And you can not install BootMii in boot2 in these new Wii. Only in IOS.

EDIT: You can still use the USB hard drive but you lose the ability to play GameCube backups on the new Wii.

D

Deleted User

OP
GHBAimen said:
ollepoll said:

Remember. Do you sell your Wii and buy one of these new black wiis so you will not be able to play backups of the discs anymore. Same thing with the new white Wii. And you can not install BootMii in boot2 in these new Wii. Only in IOS.

EDIT: You can still use the USB hard drive but you lose the ability to play GameCube backups on the new Wii.

I know, I think if you are intelligent enough and always first look what you do, bootmii in boot2 is not that important.
I alsways only did usb loading anyway so disc launching isn't important.

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
ollepoll said:
GHBAimen said:
ollepoll said:

I know, I think if you are intelligent enough and always first look what you do, bootmii in boot2 is not that important.
I alsways only did usb loading anyway so disc launching isn't important.

BootMii installed in boot2 is a better choice than BootMii installed in IOS. And it can also happen that these new Wii have this new System Menu 3.4, so you must have Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures to hack your new Wii.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't wanna talk about why I shouldn't buy a new one, but about how much it is worth and if it is another problem than I thought

if someone has an idea about a price, pls say it in €

D

Deleted User

OP
These are pixels in wrong colours on always similar places which stay for about 5 seconds and then disappear.
I don't have any problems while watching tv shows or dvd's.
I don't think it is because of the component cable, because they always stay only for a short time.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is confirmed that early model Wii suffers problem with WiiConnect24 being left on. The fan on these Wiis will not turned on when it should have. Over times it fries Wii's GPU. It is recommend you get an external USB fan if you intend to leave WiiConnect24 on (USB is still powered when WiiConnect24 is on).

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics errors aside, I'd sell it for $200-250 not just because it's modded, but because ppl in this market consider it more desirable than newer ones.

Also, I'd go for a ps3 over 360... you get a blu-ray player in addition to a good game system.... just my 2 cents.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao. selling it for more than the price of a new wii? and this one is admittedly damaged, and has no factory warranty, and has been softmodded with who-know-what? its worth $100 at the most.

i got my spare wii off craigslist for $120. it came with 3 wiimotes&nunchuks, reads DVDs, had not had any homebrew run on it, and still had 3 month factory warranty.

D

Deleted User

OP
giantpune said:
and has been softmodded with who-know-what?
i got my spare wii off craigslist for $120. it came with 3 wiimotes&nunchuks, reads DVDs, had not had any homebrew run on it, and still had 3 month factory warranty.
If people pay less pecause they don't know how the wii was modded, i just use a nand backup to remove everything

If I sell it I will certanely sell it with equip and games, but I know how much I will demand for them.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesnt change the fact. once you have modified something from its stock condition, it is generally worth less that if it was still stock condition. the fact that it is used also makes it less valuable

think about a new car. the instant you drive it from the lot, it's worth like 20% less. then you go and put $5000 worth of rims and tires on it. that $5000 actually makes your car worth less, not more. if you reprogram the computer in the car to make it have more horsepower, you have still made the value of the car go down. it doesnt matter if you think it should or not. you may be able to sell this car to somebody that likes your rims and the computer reprogramming, but the car is still worth less.

go watch antiques roadshow. they always have some guy on there that had a chair from 1000BC. that would have been worth $1M. but he took it and had it sanded and reupholstered and now its worth $5.
for the most part, this is how everything works, including electronics such as the wii.

there is no way to truely un-modify a wii. all these "revirginize your wii" tutorials still miss stuff. once your wii has been modded as most people agree on the definition, there is NO way to unmod it with currently software.

new wii = $220
- not new
- no warranty
- broken
- modified
= $100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.