Hacking Segher's Zestig

Lexip;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to extract a save game from a nand backup. So I'm was planning on using zestig to decode/unpack the backup file. I got linux installed as a virtual machine (Ubuntu 9.04 32bit). Now the only problem is I have no idea how to work the thing.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Lexip; said:
I'm trying to extract a save game from a nand backup. So I'm was planning on using zestig to decode/unpack the backup file. I got linux installed as a virtual machine (Ubuntu 9.04 32bit). Now the only problem is I have no idea how to work the thing.

1. make the tools (or skip if precompiled binaries are ok with you)
2. obtain/create the key files (you should have your key dump, nand aes key is used for decryption)
3. run the tool and decrpyt and unpack your nand's content

Lexip;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the questions.

I have the key, but I do not know where to put it. I get this error.

"cannot open default/nand-key: No such file or directory"

I don't use linux much and don't understand where the "default" folder should be. I tried in the same the folder that I am running zestig from, user's home folder, filesystem. I have tried with and without the .bin extension also.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Lexip; said:
Sorry for all the questions.

I have the key, but I do not know where to put it. I get this error.

"cannot open default/nand-key: No such file or directory"

I don't use linux much and don't understand where the "default" folder should be. I tried in the same the folder that I am running zestig from, user's home folder, filesystem. I have tried with and without the .bin extension also.

Here is the information to run the tachtig and twintig, zestig should be the same apart from the key used

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122568&hl=

Lexip;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got the key working, but every time I attempt to run it now I get "Segmentation fault".

Why does this have to be so difficult

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Lexip; said:
Well I got the key working, but every time I attempt to run it now I get "Segmentation fault".

Why does this have to be so difficult

Possibly related to your dump... if you are using nand dump from bootmii, try stripping the extra part in the end with a hex editor (1024 bytes)
That maybe the cause..

Lexip;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did that part. Even if I don't give it a file name for the dump it still gives me that error

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Lexip; said:
I already did that part. Even if I don't give it a file name for the dump it still gives me that error

Hmm, try making zestig from sources then if you used precompiled binaries... it may also be because of incorrect runtime... though then you get an error about some missing dependency libs... dunno, I've used it one time with a dump from yawnd... by the way, why do you use the nand image for saves, aren't they on your wii at the moment?

Lexip;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well originally I had 4.0 installed with cioscorp and I wanted cioscorp gone. So I ran ios downgrader and then downgraded and upgraded again in attempt to get rid of it. I did a nand dump with bootmii before hand. After all of that cioscorp still remained and wads instllation stopped working as well so I said screw it and just restored back to 3.2 backup and upgraded to 4.0 again.
Then I realized I lost all the changes made during that time including my saved games. Then I was just wondering if I could just extract the save games from the nand dump. (I sorta deleted the cioscorp'd nand dump as I thought it was useless then, but lucky I recovered it). Now it just seems more practical to just restore my old dump and copy the save games and then go back to my new dump. Although I would still like to extract the save games just for the hell of it.

Anyways thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8