Seems Neimod made a little more progress.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ericthegreat, Jul 8, 2012.

Jul 8, 2012
  1. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    2 people like this.

2. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    So... you put this link without telling us to those who can't read it hows does this make it progress?

13 people like this.
  3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    I was thinking the exact same thing :blink:

1 person likes this.
  4. yuyuyup
    This message by yuyuyup has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 8, 2012
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's a list of functions and arguments for dealing with the filesystem. This means things like the basic ability to read and write files.

What's interesting is that this is a list of where the commands are found and the arguments they take, which means this is some documentation on basic programming abilities for the 3DS.

EDIT: Grammar.

12 people like this.
  6. gamefan5

Canada
    Thank you. That's EXACTLY what I wanted to know.

7. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Sorry was in a hurry when I posted that.... Thank You Rydian for clearing that up.... From a programers/hackers point of view that is a very good thing to have (very useful after a exploit is found...).

8. [Truth]

Member [Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    *snip*
    Thanks Rydian for your interesting post.

9. Ericthegreat
    This message by Ericthegreat has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  10. [Truth]
    This message by [Truth] has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  11. yuyuyup
    This message by yuyuyup has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  12. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

Wrong.

He owes me a beer.

You do too.

7 people like this.
  13. [Truth]
    This message by [Truth] has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  14. Luigi2012SM64DS
    This message by Luigi2012SM64DS has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  15. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    *snip*
    On topic, i like the fact that neimod is obscure with what he reveals. It makes me follow the hacking scene intently...

16. gamefan5
    This message by gamefan5 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  17. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    I wonder what the unknown_u32 parameter is. I wonder if it's the same unknown_u32 in all methods. Either way it makes no difference to me so I guess I should stop with my wondering right now!

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    People who could actually use this information know what it is, so he doesn't need to bother with explanations. For the average user like you or me, this does nothing for us directly (like most of the info people find and post).

IIRC it's "unsigned 32-bit integer".

19. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    Yes I get that. But it seems its purpose is unknown, unlike all the other parameters who's names have been deciphered. I'm just wondering it it's the same unknown, or a bunch of different unknowns. Or, if it's unknown whether it's the same unknown or not! :D Really, no reason other than curiosity, there's sod all I could do with said information.

20. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Neimod has been documenting API functions for about a month or so now. So, yes, he's making progress and working diligently behind the scene. It's not his job to train everybody on what his research means and, personally, I'd rather he didn't spend an hour writing a blog post about what he's accomplished when he could be putting that hour to use reversing and documenting these functions. Of course, what he chooses to do is his business and everyone should respect that.

I'd hazard my guess that the purpose of the argument is not known and, as such, a descriptive name cannot be given. For functions that have similar signatures e.g., RenameFile, CreateFile, DeleteFile, etc., you could assume that the argument has the same purpose in each function. For other functions, it may be a completely different unknown uint32.

1 person likes this.
  21. Dionysus

Member Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Whether Neimod is making progress or not is arguable, but what's more worrying is the harsh moderator we got on this thread.

He/she is going around deleting posts like some tax collector, give members some slack whoever you are.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  22. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Thanks for your opinion, but they are deleted for a reason.
    Insulting other members is not giving opinion and are not acceptable posts.

7 people like this.
  23. gamefan5

Canada
    The mods had every right to delete the posts as one member was clearly trolling and did not contribute anything to the disscution. If you don't like it, then leave this site.

1 person likes this.
  24. Dionysus

Member Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The mods had every right to delete the posts as one member was clearly trolling and did not contribute anything to the disscution. If you don't like it, then leave this site.

Fixed.

25. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I removed the posts quoting the trashed post, if there was any content in the post relating to the topic at hand, the post was just edited, and the relevant content left intact.

My moderation of this thread is not up for discussion in this thread. Keep it on topic.

2 people like this.
  26. Dionysus
    This message by Dionysus has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012
  27. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    If you have a problem with my moderating of this thread, there are other avenues of expressing that. This thread is not one of them. Where you choose to express it though, you might make it a point to refrain from using lolcats to make your point. No one will really take you seriously that way.

Keep it up and you'll find yourself suspended.

2 people like this.
  28. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Back on topic, seeing as the "unknown_u32" parameter seems to only appear in vaguely similar functions, I'd hazard a guess it's quite possibly the same in them all. But of course that is just a shot in the dark, neimod probably knows for sure whether they are or not.

29. Dionysus
    This message by Dionysus has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Jul 9, 2012