Seeking help with sky3ds+ problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by maxge, May 14, 2016.

1. maxge
    OP

maxge Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    Canada
    I recently got a sky3ds+ (orange buttons) and have yet to run any games on it.
    I'm using a new 3DS on most recent firmware, USA version, 64gb patriot microSD formatted to FAT32, but I have also tried all of these steps with another 8gb card and a 1gb card with the same results. I have also tried these steps with multiple roms, from reputable sources and from my locale.

First I tried updating firmware by placing the bin on a microSD then plugging it into my pc, the light goes red briefly then does not stop flashing white for a long time. I eventually unplugged it and tried loading a rom to the microSD, when inserted into my 3DS no lights go on and nothing shows up on the screen for the game tile.

I then tried loading the microSD with the gameslist.bin and the rom to see if it would work with the firmware it has, still no lights and still no luck.

I also tried manually creating the settings.txt in a last ditch effort, no lights, no game tile.

I'm looking for anyone with experience to let me know what to try next, or to indicate if this is a hardware issue and to have the cart replaced.

Thanks guys