Seeking help with sky3ds+ problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by maxge, May 14, 2016.

1. maxge
    OP

maxge Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    Canada
    I recently got a sky3ds+ (orange buttons) and have yet to run any games on it.
    I'm using a new 3DS on most recent firmware, USA version, 64gb patriot microSD formatted to FAT32, but I have also tried all of these steps with another 8gb card and a 1gb card with the same results. I have also tried these steps with multiple roms, from reputable sources and from my locale.

First I tried updating firmware by placing the bin on a microSD then plugging it into my pc, the light goes red briefly then does not stop flashing white for a long time. I eventually unplugged it and tried loading a rom to the microSD, when inserted into my 3DS no lights go on and nothing shows up on the screen for the game tile.

I then tried loading the microSD with the gameslist.bin and the rom to see if it would work with the firmware it has, still no lights and still no luck.

I also tried manually creating the settings.txt in a last ditch effort, no lights, no game tile.

I'm looking for anyone with experience to let me know what to try next, or to indicate if this is a hardware issue and to have the cart replaced.

Thanks guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice