DrZhark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I just bought a second hand "refurbished" switch from Auctionmaxx in Toronto, and to my surprise, it came with firmware 1.0.0
the box has many issues, but the unit is flawless, no signs of use, no scratches on the screen.

I figured some people would be interested in knowing about it, of course the other units may come with different firmwares...

I bought this to use it with a SX Pro (that is currently sold out, so I'm awaiting shipment for the end of July), however I'm wondering if I should wait for Atmosphere.. I'm really not sure what to do with this unit. Should I leave it at firmware 1.0.0? or update with precautions to firmware 4.1 and avoid blowing fuses to be able to return to 1.0.0 in case of need. Any thoughts?

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well if you keep it on 1.0.0, there's not much you can do with the unit... other than wait for CFW. (no ETAs)

I believe there's only a few games you can play... (Zelda BOTW, Puyo Puyo Tetris)

If you want to update without burning fuses, using the long extensive guide, then go for it. (Seems long and tedious, need patience)

Personally I have SX pro and updated to latest firmware, so I can have eshop access and play the latest games.

So really depends on what you want to do with your switch now, or does it go back into a box and wait for CFW to come out?

Last edited by xYuunax,

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a full nand backup ASAP and then use rajkostos guide to upgrade without burning fuses . you can safely go up to 3.0.2 which would give you Mario Odyssey. Hopefully emunand will be out soon and you can upgrade to whatever firmware you want. Anything higher will update your cartridge firmware and you won't be able to downgrade making your cartridge slot useless in firmwares below 4.1

Reactions: DrZhark

DrZhark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make a full nand backup ASAP and then use rajkostos guide to upgrade without burning fuses . you can safely go up to 3.0.2 which would give you Mario Odyssey. Hopefully emunand will be out soon and you can upgrade to whatever firmware you want. Anything higher will update your cartridge firmware and you won't be able to downgrade making your cartridge slot useless in firmwares below 4.1

apparently there is a way to update to 4.1 without upgrading the cartridge slot? Gotta look into it.

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just bought a second hand "refurbished" switch from Auctionmaxx in Toronto, and to my surprise, it came with firmware 1.0.0
the box has many issues, but the unit is flawless, no signs of use, no scratches on the screen.

I figured some people would be interested in knowing about it, of course the other units may come with different firmwares...

I bought this to use it with a SX Pro (that is currently sold out, so I'm awaiting shipment for the end of July), however I'm wondering if I should wait for Atmosphere.. I'm really not sure what to do with this unit. Should I leave it at firmware 1.0.0? or update with precautions to firmware 4.1 and avoid blowing fuses to be able to return to 1.0.0 in case of need. Any thoughts?

If your from the UK I would swap you for a 5.1.0 Switch I have many Switches I wouldnt mind adding a 1.0 to my collection lol.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Keep it at v1.0.0.
"Lower is always better"

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I would use the ppt rom to install fake news. Once done make a nand backup. Then update to the latest firmware without burning fuses. Once on latest (use tx original mode) download pokemon quest. Turn on airplane mode and enjoy.

People will tell you upgrading to latest will burn the cart fuse and while this is correct in my opinion it will not be needed. You will eventually boot into emunand therefore never need the cart slot on 1.0

Reactions: charlieb

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(Seems long and tedious, need patience)
Not that much patience as you may think. I was afraid following it but it turned out very easy as every step is written pretty clearly.
Also it doesn't take that long to do. The worst thing is the NAND backup which takes between 1 to 2+ hours (depending on your SD card).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol