second-hand games and online mode

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by LysergCooltyp, Feb 14, 2015.

1. LysergCooltyp
    OP

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Heyho again,

apparently i missed the e-shop sale of MH3U by a week and could bite my tongue now. So i browsed the internet a bit and retails are 50€ upwards again. The question now is, if i would get a cheap second-hand one will the online mode work? The stoned dude from a local gamestop store once told me that the second you go online with any game it gets linked to your NNID and won't work on other consoles anymore. Is that true? (google had contradicted results, so i kinda want to doublecheck first)

2. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    If that were true, there would be a much bigger community backlash (and probably at least one search result proving it). You're fine to get a used copy.

LysergCooltyp likes this.
  3. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
    Thought so too, but asking doesn't hurt, so thanks. ;)

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    [​IMG]
    don't listen to stoners :lol:

5. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
    The thing is...it's a small town near the arse-end of the world and there are only two kind of employees: guys in their fourties acting all young bringing up memes and stuff and the stoners. Neither is helpfull, but seriously - if you can't trust the stoners anymore, then who is still trustworthy? QQ

6. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Well i rented Mario Kart 8 from blockbuster (Yes they are still around down here) and i can go online with no issues whatsoever.

7. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    It'll work, but be warned MH3U online is pretty much dead.

8. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, from what i heard only people that don't have a 3DS play it. Not that big of a deal tho if i look at the content.

9. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    The single player experience can still be rewarding, though unless you have friends who also play MH3U (in your region), it'll become dull once you've sunk 100+ hours into the game. MH4U was released yesterday for the 3DS and I'm already on that, so the MH3U online community will diminish even further I'm afraid.

10. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Nintendo games don't have Online Pass so you can play any online, provided that there's actually anyone still playing them.

shinkodachi likes this.