Searching a clean Home Menu... (Help)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DerekTheWolf, Aug 11, 2018.

1. DerekTheWolf
    OP

DerekTheWolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can someone can hint me a place where I can find a clean Home Menu, so I can update my n3DS? The Home Menu I have installed right now is modded, hence why I can't update. I had backup of the unmodified Home Menu, but I think I lost it.

I know that asking for this type of file is prohibited, but I just want someone to hint me to a possible direction, I'm not asking for someone to send me the file itself.

I'm aware that there a few tools that allow you to download such file (for ex. 3DSNUS & 3DNUS), but I'm having issues with them. 3DSNUS v1.9 won't let me choose the n3DS option, and 3DNUS refuses to download anything, it says that the ID I typed doesn't match any Title ID.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Info about my 3DS:

New 3DS v11.6.0-39U
    Home Menu ID: 0004003000008F02 v28672 (My console says it's v28672, but according to 3DBrew, it's v28673.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any type of help is appreciated.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That option is for downloading full system updates, a titleID already identifies without doubt a title (and the same Home is used on N3DS and O3DS)

3. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    I see... So let's say I have downloaded it through 3DSNUS, is there any extra step I need to do to make it work?

4. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Install it :P

5. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Installing it results in a brick.

6. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    With which tool?
    Did you try removing the currently installed one first?

I vaguely remember installation of Home being a bit picky with FBI2 years ago

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I was helped earlier this week being lead to a repository of clean 3DS firmware back ups.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus-mod-by-dr-hacknik.392360/page-12#post-8207509

Look to that darth site to find what you're looking for.
    • Make sure you backup your current SysNAND should your attempts at fixing your HOME Menu doesn't go well.
    • In one of the rare occasions, use EmuNAND to sandbox test your HOME Menu fix before implementing it onto SysNAND.
    • You'll need SysUpdater to install system titles. May need to downgrade to a lower firmware before upgrading to higher one.
    • If all else fails, backup your game saves with Checkpoint/JKSM and then carpet bomb your SysNAND with CTRTransfer.

8. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    No, I didn't removed the currently installed Home Menu.

I installed it with FBI.

9. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Restore a nand backup, then try again (manually uninstalling it just before installing the new one)... if it still fails, you can reinstall the whole OS via a ctrtransfer image!

10. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Same result, bricked. I'll CTRtransfer to an earlier version of the OS then. Would a 11.5.0 image do the job?

11. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, you can use (almost) any version you prefer; and any higher than what your console came with, is guaranteed compatible
    (Just make sure it's an N3DS one)

12. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Alright. I managed to downgrade my console, and the Home Menu works, currently updating my console to the latest firmware, then reinstall the tickets with FBI.

Thanks for helping me out!

Ryccardo likes this.