univeruser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello, members of GBATemp.com.

This post has a special question to ask. Something special. And odd. Right now, I am on a search for a ROM that helps you to write files. Ok, I literally didn't mean to take into sense that I want to write files. I want to write text docs. More like MS Word. And at last, I can save it. All on my GBA, so that I can write pages of text. Just plain text.

Ok, I understand that the GBA has just two keys: A and B. And you wouldn't be able to "write" text docs with just letters A and B. I'm trying to stress the fact that you could have a typing bar, i.e. like the one you have in the iPOD Classic, which appears when you run the "Search" Function. You could scroll across the letters using the control pad, i.e. the star-like button clump next to the A and B buttons.

I understand, it's kind of impossible to find such a ROM, but if found, you could send a link to me in your reply post. And if you're an amateur graphics designer, maybe a hobbyist, and you're interested in designing one, please do give me a copy of the ROM.

I'd appreciate and thank all those who had taken trouble and effort to get a link or to make a ROM such as this.

univeruser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello again.

I'm writing a new post to give more information on the previous request.

Here, as a help to those amateur game designers or hobbyists who are volunteering to make such a ROM, I would like to help them with this software for GBA game development. This is the HAM program which you can read about and download at this link. Further details and tutorials can be found at Ngine.de where you can search for the requirements.

And for those who don't have an iPOD Classic, here's the photo.

And another thanks in advance.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are at least two programs that I know of that will let you do this. The first is called Keeper and functions similarly to the iPod Classic search typing. Download is at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4095

The second is called DanTE Advance. This program uses a rather unique way of typing in which you first press up/down/left/right/A to bring up an image of a directional pad with 5 letters on it, then another press of up/down/left/right/A to select the letter. For instance, to type A, you press right and then A. To type B, you press right and then right again. To type I, you press down and then left. Select changes uppercase/lowercase. Numbers and symbols are added with the L and R buttons. Moving around the document is accomplished by holding down B and then using the directional controls. Deleting letters and adding spaces and new lines is done by holding the A button and then using the directional controls. This does take some time to get used to, but after a while it becomes a rather fast way to type, and I'd suggest trying it out. Download is at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4322

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-