Hacking sdhc can be seen on wii menu but not on homebrew channel (1.01)?

RatPower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As The title says i bought a 8gb card and the wii recognises it but the homebrew channel(1.01) does not.
I tried the card in 2 different wii's ,both can not see it in the homebrew channel.
I have everything set out right on the card as i just dragged and dropped the apps folder from my other card.
Its odd as the wii can see it and use it as i installed a gamewad from my 16gb card and then swapped the cards over and moved the wad's channel to the 8gbsd(the card that can't be seen by homebrew) then i loaded it from the sd menu in the wii, which it loads no problem.

Its got me stumped i have formatted the card in dos/also used a panasonic formatter/also through another pc,still nothing.
so my setup
wii v4.0
homebrew channel v1.01
cios 36vrev10

RatPower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got thinking, the only thing i can think of is the homebrew channel doesn't use the same files that the wii uses to read sd cards,
if so why?
With it possible to dump the wii's system is it not possible to grab what's needed and implement it into homebrew channel,to make sure situations like this can't happen.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this exact same problem. I replaced the SDHC card and it worked fine. Try another SD.
smile.gif

RatPower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ecw said:
I had this exact same problem. I replaced the SDHC card and it worked fine. Try another SD.
smile.gif

all my other cards work fine just this one only works through official wii menu's,just thought it was odd.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ May 20 2009, 05:05 PM) what card brand is it? there's a wiki somewhere in here that has a list of ones that don't work.
All the cards ive had, ive not come across this problem
The card is an 8gb play.com branded one,i put the serial in that's on the back into google and it comes back as a polaroid card.
it's a pain in the backside as i got this card specifically for the wii.

In theory it should work or not work,im somehow in the middle?
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-