Hacking Sd2vita troubles.. Half way through but...

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm trying to get my son's Sd2vita card working.. I followed a video to the T & my vita see's the SD card! But Vita shell won't work says " corrupt data" I re built the data base... But still no luck... If anyone could help me out? i watched this Video

EDIT: got it working

Attachments

• 20181114_102744.jpg
    20181114_102744.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • 20181114_102607.jpg
    20181114_102607.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
Last edited by SuperDan,

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea about your first post, but you'll want to keep a vita memory card if it's an original phat model in case something gets messed up somehow and you have to re-hack your Vita . The slim models have built in memory I think and you can get by without one.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, from what I can gather, you sucessfully migrated to SD2Vita as your primary storage (ux0). I think you maybe forgot to copy the data from your original storage to the sd2vita.

So either install Vitashell again or copy all content from your old memory card (or internal memory, whichever you installed vitashell to) to the sd2vita first.
Since you're using either Storage-mgr or another plugin to mount your sd2vita as ux0, you'll need to disable this first. Without access to vitashell you'll need to hold the L Button on boot or when loading h-encore (chose whchever method you hacked your Vita with) to launch without loading your henkaku config. Enter Vitashell and copy everything from ux0 (which is now again your old storage) to your PC via FTP or USB and copy it onto the SD of your SD2Vita.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks for the reply after struggling a bit i did get it working .. all is great atm ..i formatted my sd to 64klb because a guy on Reddit said otherwise ou cant save properly ... anyways its working great ..i was just curious if i can just use the sd and sell my 16 original mem card ... im not that bothered as you know i woulldnt get much for it at gamestop .. the cheating bastards lol

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey thanks for the reply after struggling a bit i did get it working .. all is great atm ..i formatted my sd to 64klb because a guy on Reddit said otherwise ou cant save properly ... anyways its working great ..i was just curious if i can just use the sd and sell my 16 original mem card ... im not that bothered as you know i woulldnt get much for it at gamestop .. the cheating bastards lol

If you are on firmware 3.60 or 3.65 with enso then you do not need the official memory card.
If you're above 3.65 and have a vita 1000 then you will need an official vita mem card to allow you to launch h-encore. If you have a vita 2000 or pstv above 3.65 you can use the internal 1GB 'memory card' as the location to install h-encore, so you wont need an actual vita mem card.

With enso the exploit is loaded at boot so you're fine. Without enso you need h-encore installed on official storage that is available prior to you activating the exploit each boot.

The 64K clusters formatting prevents the vita from incorrectly reporting the amount of free space for those who run a 200GB microsD or larger.

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd recommend keeping the memory card. A Vita 1000 does not have any internal storage so if you ever decide to remove the hack to reinstall or whatever, you'll need a memory card to hack it again.

A Vita 2000 and a PSTV have 1Gb of internal storage that can be used to hack the device on firmware versions 3.60, 3.65 and 3.68 - these can always be hacked without a memory card.

But even if it's not necessary: selling it won't bring in much money and you can always use the card as additional storage for PSX/PSP titles to be used with Adrenaline or ROM storage for Retroarch. Basically, it's another 16Gb to be used for content.

But basically:

Got a Vita 2000 or PSTV? - You can sell it if you want (i.e. it's not needed for hacking)

Got a Vita 1000 with Enso? - You can sell it, but if the hack ever gets lost you'll need to repurchase a memory card

Got a Vita 1000 without Enso? - You can't sell it, it's required to run h-encore.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on firmware 3.60 or 3.65 with enso then you do not need the official memory card.
If you're above 3.65 and have a vita 1000 then you will need an official vita mem card to allow you to launch h-encore. If you have a vita 2000 or pstv above 3.65 you can use the internal 1GB 'memory card' as the location to install h-encore, so you wont need an actual vita mem card.

With enso the exploit is loaded at boot so you're fine. Without enso you need h-encore installed on official storage that is available prior to you activating the exploit each boot.

The 64K clusters formatting prevents the vita from incorrectly reporting the amount of free space for those who run a 200GB microsD or larger.
im 3.68 h-encore not enso ,,,.. i thinking will just leave it how it is ..he can watch films on his ps 4 or tablet ....& thanks for the info ... exactly the read i needed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd recommend keeping the memory card. A Vita 1000 does not have any internal storage so if you ever decide to remove the hack to reinstall or whatever, you'll need a memory card to hack it again.

A Vita 2000 and a PSTV have 1Gb of internal storage that can be used to hack the device on firmware versions 3.60, 3.65 and 3.68 - these can always be hacked without a memory card.

But even if it's not necessary: selling it won't bring in much money and you can always use the card as additional storage for PSX/PSP titles to be used with Adrenaline or ROM storage for Retroarch. Basically, it's another 16Gb to be used for content.

But basically:

Got a Vita 2000 or PSTV? - You can sell it if you want (i.e. it's not needed for hacking)

Got a Vita 1000 with Enso? - You can sell it, but if the hack ever gets lost you'll need to repurchase a memory card

Got a Vita 1000 without Enso? - You can't sell it, it's required to run h-encore.
im taking that advice and just leaving things the way they are " working "... !!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over