Hardware SD2Vita cart with actual casing?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been holding off on actually getting an adapter so that I don't have to deal with the raw PCB being exposed. Wondering if anyone has seen anything like what the link below. Are we still to early for something like this? Or is it not even worth waiting?
https://www.jumia.com.ng/playstatio...r-official-sony-playstation-vita-6787177.html
1.jpg

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unless you still want to use carts, the SD2Vita sits in the slot and doesn't need to be removed unless you want to remove it. Doesn't really matter that it's exposed unless you keep taking it in and out and handle it roughly while doing so. The Micro SD can be easily removed by pushing down and having it click back up.

That being said, someone will make a cased one probably. There just isn't a whole lot of demand.

Last edited by Kourin,
Reactions: 8bitRetro16bit

8bitRetro16bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a better casting. j.s. it looks like a vita memory card.

ebay this item.
SD2VITA PSVSD Micro SD Adapter for PS Vita Henkaku 3.60

I tried uploading the picture threw tapatalk. it won't let me.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a better casting. j.s. it looks like a vita memory card.

ebay this item.
SD2VITA PSVSD Micro SD Adapter for PS Vita Henkaku 3.60

I tried uploading the picture threw tapatalk. it won't let me.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
more or less, its just a modified pcb (the happy face ones), no case. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from China from 12 days ago.

Last edited by Carlanga,

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more or less, its just a modified pcb (the happy face ones), no case. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from China from 12 days ago.
That looks more stable though(? ). Anyone seen any reviews for them? Are they coming from the same manufacturer?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ordered a Version like this. Called a Version 2.0 . Comes either as Red or Black. I think the Black Would be better for me though. But cant say for sure how good it is, because I will get it in a few Weeks to a Month.
Note, Version I got was $2, so I probably will have to buy one that is $16
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD2VITA-V2-...437109?hash=item3d453a0bf5:g:onoAAOSwJThZl59n

I think this is the same, but more cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-SD2VITA-...&sd=263154437109&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, tell us when you tested
I'll upload some comparison photos now next to original cart

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've actually brought quite a few of these sd2vitas from all different sources and different versions and haven't had any problems with any of them. So I doubt these smiley face ones will be a problem.
https://postimg.org/gallery/10hzopf8m/

The smiley face part is just a sticker stuck on it that goes down to the contacts

Last edited by Columbo2811,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well after 10 minutes of trying to get it in I can't get it out now lol. It keeps catching the springs when trying to pop it in and had to apply some serious twisting movements to get it in. Won't come out now though so the idea of a easy push eject solution isn't with these things. It too tight to eject itself from the springs. Avoid these.

Reactions: Garou

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Well after 10 minutes of trying to get it in I can't get it out now lol. It keeps catching the springs when trying to pop it in and had to apply some serious twisting movements to get it in. Won't come out now though so the idea of a easy push eject solution isn't with these things. It too tight to eject itself from the springs. Avoid these.
Aw man.. I just bought a ton of these 2 days ago..

Last edited by Madridi,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Aw man.. I just bought a tone of these 2 days ago..
It's not good Madridi the spring mechanism doesn't work at all. It runs fine I've placed a sd card in it and set it up. Not sure if there all manufactured the same from eBay but it's stuck in there and there's little room to get tweezers in. I'm gonna leave it in this vita and I'm not gonna use the other smiley face one.

Last edited by Columbo2811,
Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not good Madridi the spring mechanism doesn't work at all. It runs fine I've placed a sd card in it and set it up. Not sure if there all manufactured the same from eBay but it's stuck in there and there's little room to get tweezers in. I'm gonna leave it in this vita and I'm not gonna use the other smiley face one.
Thanks for the heads up. Will stick to the sd2vita adapters that are just the bare board for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi