sd slot broken

ber71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My kids o2ds has a broken sdcard slot.
The card doesn't sit in place and bounces back.
I've used some duct tape to keep it inside. It does work and the o2ds is usable, but I want to do a proper fix.
Any advices? Is the slot changeable? I'm not afraid of soldering, if that's neccesary.
Thank you

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but it being a 2DS instead of a 3DS should make it much much easier, if soldering is not a problem.
I would actually say the original 3ds is
much easier to replace the SD card slot. On 3ds you remove 4 screws then lift off the battery cover. Remove the battery then you can remove 11 more screws open up the 3ds remove 2 more screws unattach the SD card ribbon cable and lift the faulty SD card reader off the board. Clip in the ribbon cable of the new reader and screw it to the board and then screw all the screws back in.

With 2ds you need to strip the whole console down to the mother board then unsolder the faulty SD card reader. Solder in the new SD card reader. Rebuild the whole 2ds.

Basically original 3ds remove battery cover then remove lid. Unclip the SD card reader put in the new one job done nice and easy.

2DS strip the whole fecking console down to the mother board and then have to bloody solder. And then hopefully put everything back together right lol

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: SylverReZ and ber71

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
much easier to replace the SD card slot. On 3ds you remove 4 screws then lift off the battery cover. Remove the battery then you can remove 11 more screws open up the 3ds remove 2 more screws unattach the SD card ribbon cable and lift the faulty SD card reader off the board. Clip in the ribbon cable of the new reader and screw it to the board and then screw all the screws back in.

With 2ds you need to strip the whole console down to the mother board then unsolder the faulty SD card reader. Solder in the new SD card reader. Rebuild the whole 2ds.

Basically original 3ds remove battery cover then remove lid. Unclip the SD card reader put in the new one job done nice and easy.

2DS strip the whole fecking console down to the mother board and then have to bloody solder. And then hopefully put everything back together right lol

well, i was thinking of the new 3ds. the times i messed about the hinge... i took a big L.

the hinge just messed me up in other ways.

Reactions: AmandaRose

ber71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Perhaps you're referring to the new2ds? Mine is a old2ds, which, from images i've seen online, seems to expose the sd module once the backcases are removed.
At this point my biggest deterrent is locating where a replacement module can be bought, or if these are somewhat standardised

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps you're referring to the new2ds? Mine is a old2ds, which, from images i've seen online, seems to expose the sd module once the backcases are removed.
At this point my biggest deterrent is locating where a replacement module can be bought, or if these are somewhat standardised

i was thinking the same. :unsure:

Micolash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here's a picture of the motherboard. Not sure if all card readers are the made the same way. I think it would be safer to buy sd card readers specificaly for the 2DS. These can be found on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10P...Replacement-for-Nintendo-2DS/32650834222.html
iu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: