SD Gecko+SD Boot+D-32 Drive=Load GC Backups?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by VirusHunter, Aug 20, 2010.

Aug 20, 2010
  1. VirusHunter
    OP

Newcomer VirusHunter Member

Canada
    While doing some R4 shopping I came across a super cheap SD Gecko and decided to buy it for my Wii. Now I've heard (via here) that by using SD-Boot you can load GC Backups on an SD Gecko, but my Wii has one of those "No-disc-backups-allowed" drives.

So can I use SD-Boot to load Gamecube backups on the Gecko (For anyone who doesn't know, the SD Gecko is an SD card adapter for the GC memory slot) even though I have a non-backup loading drive?

FYI my Wii is already soft modded and I've loaded Wii backups several times before via USB Loader GX.

Thanks in advance!

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yes, it's possible, but the compatility is not very high as you can see on the link.

3. VirusHunter
    OP

Newcomer VirusHunter Member

Canada
    Oh that's no problem, the games I wanted to play are good to go according to the compatibility list.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I haven't seen the guide mentioning cMIOS nor that you need a GC disc in the drive. I know that you need a cMIOS to boot SD-Boot on a Wii, but that isn't a problem at all, if you know how it works. I'm not 100% sure about the need for the disc, but i think emu_kidid mentioned something that the next version might work without a disc in the drive, so the current version should require it.