Hacking sd cards and flashcarts

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what really matters when it comes to buying an sd or sdhc card for a flashcart? I would think primarily the read speed for the fact that that's what the ds does to the cart and sd card. It reads the info on it. I hear everyone say "get class 6" but I really think they are overated. The write speed I would think shouldn't matter being the only time the ds writes to it is when it saves, or when you add roms or homebrew through your computer, which in that case has nothing to do with the flashcarts operation of roms itself(the writing of files from the pc). So I'd like some feedback from members, as much as possible. Even if it's not based on fact. Whether it's opinion, personal experience, whatever. If you work at fuckin sandisk I wanna know what the fuck you think, even if you're the guy that puts the damn sticker on the housing for the sd card. I don't care. Thank you and everyone have a great day!!!

P.S. Oh yeah, put a smiley dammit

rolleyes.gif
unsure.gif
yaypsp.gif
hate2.gif
moogle.gif

smileipb2.png
gbasp.gif
wacko.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif

blink.gif
mad.gif
ph34r.gif
rofl2.gif
wink2.gif

grog.gif
yay.gif
cry.gif
laugh.gif
dry.gif

wtf.gif
shy.gif
gba.gif
huh.gif
wub.gif

bow.gif
nyanya.gif
cool.gif
happy.gif
tongue.gif

ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
frown.gif
smile.gif

Don't forget our portable friends- -
nds.gif
psp.gif
gbasp2.gif

EDIT: I just noticed somethin funny, the pissed off smiley looks like he throws his gamboy at the cat things head. BTW, that thing looks like somethin from pooyan, that old NES game. LOL

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Response time is more important than read/write speeds. Class 6 cards tend to have awesome response times.

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
I read somewhere that the most important thing for a memory to have if you use it with a flashcart is a short access time. That being said, A-data is the best followed by transcend and toshiba. Here's the link in case you want to check access times comparisons between different cards:

http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/index.ht...-cards-sdu.html

Check the c't h2benchw access {avg.} column

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to...