sd cards and flashcarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by W.I.C.K.E.D., Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009

sd cards and flashcarts by W.I.C.K.E.D. at 4:38 PM (607 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

Member W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what really matters when it comes to buying an sd or sdhc card for a flashcart? I would think primarily the read speed for the fact that that's what the ds does to the cart and sd card. It reads the info on it. I hear everyone say "get class 6" but I really think they are overated. The write speed I would think shouldn't matter being the only time the ds writes to it is when it saves, or when you add roms or homebrew through your computer, which in that case has nothing to do with the flashcarts operation of roms itself(the writing of files from the pc). So I'd like some feedback from members, as much as possible. Even if it's not based on fact. Whether it's opinion, personal experience, whatever. If you work at fuckin sandisk I wanna know what the fuck you think, even if you're the guy that puts the damn sticker on the housing for the sd card. I don't care. Thank you and everyone have a great day!!!

P.S. Oh yeah, put a smiley dammit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't forget our portable friends- - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: I just noticed somethin funny, the pissed off smiley looks like he throws his gamboy at the cat things head. BTW, that thing looks like somethin from pooyan, that old NES game. LOL

2. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    I have a Class 4 4GB from Newegg and it works fine. And that "cat" thing is a moogle.

3. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    It's Narin, that's what it is.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Response time is more important than read/write speeds. Class 6 cards tend to have awesome response times.

5. xjenova

Member xjenova GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    I read somewhere that the most important thing for a memory to have if you use it with a flashcart is a short access time. That being said, A-data is the best followed by transcend and toshiba. Here's the link in case you want to check access times comparisons between different cards:

http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/index.ht...-cards-sdu.html

Check the c't h2benchw access {avg.} column