SD card troubles.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,113
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
I bought a 1G SD card a while back (3-4 weeks ago) and when I got it home I formatted it to FAT file system. I checked the properties and there was 998 MB left on the card. Over time from adding and subtracting files a whopping 32 MB of space has disappeared and I can't get it back even if I reformat it again. Does anyone know why this space has disappeared and is there anyway I can get it back? Is it just bad sectors or something similar? Should I take it back to the store I got it from or is losing space just one of the quirks of this kind of media?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
run chkdsk or scandisk on the card to see if there is any problems with the structural integrity of the sd card.

say your card reader is drive q:

go to command prompt and type:

"chkdsk q: /f"

sounds fishy that you had 998 to start with....normally 32mb missing sounds about right I think.....might want to validate the authenticity of the manufacturer of the sd card as well.

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks. I ran chkdsk with the parameters for my reader, everything seemed ok. No errors were reported. If 32 MB sounds about right then I'll just have to live with it I guess. It's a 1GB Unity Digital High Speed card so I think it's authentic. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-