RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well yeah. The thread title says it all. The SD card slot of my Wii is broken and I really have no idea how that happened. But with all those mods on my Wii (and I can't remove most of them without an SD card) I don't really want to send my Wii to Nintendo. But my Wii is soft modded. It can play burned discs. So I heard there still is a way to make my Wii load homebrew from an USB stick, if I install a certain channel using an ISO disc. LoadMii to be exact. But I really don't know how do that. I've never made discs like that. So could anyone explain me what exactly I have to do? That would be very nice! Thanks in advance.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have the HBC installed you can load DOL files over the network. I believe you would use WiiLoad (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload). I think LoadMii would also allow you to run things from USB also, and you would need a DOL that WiiLoad could run to create a channel or something.

Options like Homebrew Browser are not available to you because it requires an SD card to be able to save it's settings.

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot, drmarvin! Thanks to you I could install the LoadMii Channel on my Wii and am now able to launch homebrew from my USB device. I just hope that all those emulators are compatible with an USB device (but I think they require an SD card...). At least MPlayerWiiCE should be compatible with USB devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back