SD Card Slot broken, but Wii able to play burned Discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RPG Hacker, Mar 30, 2009.

1. RPG Hacker
    OP

Member RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well yeah. The thread title says it all. The SD card slot of my Wii is broken and I really have no idea how that happened. But with all those mods on my Wii (and I can't remove most of them without an SD card) I don't really want to send my Wii to Nintendo. But my Wii is soft modded. It can play burned discs. So I heard there still is a way to make my Wii load homebrew from an USB stick, if I install a certain channel using an ISO disc. LoadMii to be exact. But I really don't know how do that. I've never made discs like that. So could anyone explain me what exactly I have to do? That would be very nice! Thanks in advance.

2. drmarvin

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you have the HBC installed you can load DOL files over the network. I believe you would use WiiLoad (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload). I think LoadMii would also allow you to run things from USB also, and you would need a DOL that WiiLoad could run to create a channel or something.

Options like Homebrew Browser are not available to you because it requires an SD card to be able to save it's settings.

3. RPG Hacker
    OP

Member RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thanks a lot, drmarvin! Thanks to you I could install the LoadMii Channel on my Wii and am now able to launch homebrew from my USB device. I just hope that all those emulators are compatible with an USB device (but I think they require an SD card...). At least MPlayerWiiCE should be compatible with USB devices.