SD Card save files question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Herobroski, May 10, 2014.

1. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I recently copied a game save file before I formatted my sd card for a miscellaneous reason. After I formatted, everything got deleted. of course. Well when I pasted all my save files to the sd card, it said "file-shortcut", and it just had "shortcut" after each file save. I double clicked on one of the save files I just pasted and it said it cannot open it because I need the original file. Well fuck that's bad news, is there any way to retrieve my original files? And how am I supposed to copy and paste it the next time properly?

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Do the copies on your computer say file shortcut too, or just the ones on the card? Maybe you have the real files on the computer, but if not you still might be able to recover something from the card. Don't write anything to the card in the meantime.

3. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    The copies on my computer says file shortcut yes. Writing I assume meaning pasting or moving any sort of files to the sd card do you mean?

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah don't put any more files onto the card until you run a recovery program to see what can be rescued. Hopefully someone can recommend a good recovery program.