Gaming SD card problem

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys. I was recently trying to setup my sd card for gateway but apparently my 4gb sdhc card wont appear at all on my computer. im trying to connect it through a card reader but nothing is happening. my other 2gb sd cards connect fine (are being used for other purposes). I also tried to format the sd card on my 3ds in which I lost my swapnote data and mii data. I there anyway i can redownload the swapnote data or something and get my 4gb sdcard to work or do i just need to get a new card reader?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, yes, you need a new card reader, because the one in your computer only supports up to SD, not SDHC or SDXC. That's why your 2GB worked and your 4GB didn't.

As for recovering your files, it depends on how intense of a format you did (quick format or full overwrite/erase). You may have some luck using Piriform's Recuva tool or CGSecurity's PhotoRec

Edit - as far as "redownloading" your swapnote data, not gonna happen. Recovering it is a possibility, but many variables play in to whether the data is recoverable, and at that, even usable. YMMV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.