Hacking SD Card not working on wiiu, but it does detect it, faulty slot?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....

a friends send me his wiiu to install haxchi, so, i bought the game as usual etc etc and got everything ready on the SD card [MicroSD + Sandisk Adapter all original], and after many attempts, finally manage to get
FSGetMountSource Failed, so yeah meaning that my cards was having issues so:

First i tried to re-format it and started again, same message, then i tried a different card, this time a Toshiba 2GB [the ones from the 3DS], and nothing, tried reformatting it and nothing.. same message "FSGetMountSource Failed".

i was like.. mm, there should be another way to test this, so.. i tried to go into the vWII to see if the card is at elast recognized, and indeed it was, the blue icon pop ups as soon as the card are plugged, however, once inside the card menu on the vwii, it gives me "The Device Inserted in the SD Card Slot Cannot Be Used".

Strange enough, there should be another way to test it, so i went to mii maker on the WIIU and decided to copy the mii's as Image or QR Codes to the SD and got the "Please insert a SD card".

So.. even though the vWII detect something inside the SD Slot, i would like confirmation if its a Faulty SD Slot [Pins are not bend]

Cheers!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Wii U in last week that wouldn't read either.

I had to take the Wii U apart and found that the SD slots restraining piece that held the SD card in place was broken. I had to take it out and also carefully bend up the slots connection pins so they would touch the SD card.

Yours may have a similar problem or the pins that connect to the SD card are bent down.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-device-inserted-in-the-sd-card-slot-cannot-be-used.431641/

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Wii U in last week that wouldn't read either.

I had to take the Wii U apart and found that the SD slots restraining piece that held the SD card in place was broken. I had to take it out and also carefully bend up the slots connection pins so they would touch the SD card.

Yours may have a similar problem or the pins that connect to the SD card are bent down.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-device-inserted-in-the-sd-card-slot-cannot-be-used.431641/
Yeah searched all night and found several issues starting from bad SD to Bad Ports, and since i tried not only 2, but around 6 sd cards and 4 adapters, im getting that is the SD Slot, however, the wiiu does detect the SD card but not that format, and before opening and cleaning and start doing things i wanted some advice, im not new to open wiius, but i would prefer to avoid it just for the sake of the time, but im guessing theres no way around this time.

Strange thing is that the pins are not bent.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah searched all night and found several issues starting from bad SD to Bad Ports, and since i tried not only 2, but around 6 sd cards and 4 adapters, im getting that is the SD Slot, however, the wiiu does detect the SD card but not that format, and before opening and cleaning and start doing things i wanted some advice, im not new to open wiius, but i would prefer to avoid it just for the sake of the time, but im guessing theres no way around this time.

Strange thing is that the pins are not bent.
One other thing you could do which is what confirmed the problem was hardware in the Wii U and not the SD card I was using - run the Wii channel and if you insert an SD card that the system can read it will show the SD card icon highlighted.

For my hardware problem no matter what SD card I tried putting in it the Wii channel wouldn't show the card. That clued me in it was a Wii U hardware problem with the SD slot.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing you could do which is what confirmed the problem was hardware in the Wii U and not the SD card I was using - run the Wii channel and if you insert an SD card that the system can read it will show the SD card icon highlighted.

For my hardware problem no matter what SD card I tried putting in it the Wii channel wouldn't show the card. That clued me in it was a Wii U hardware problem with the SD slot.
As i stated before,

The vWII does recognize the SD Card beeing inserted, but it states that the sd cant be used. which means, theres something screwing the reading.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As i stated before,

The vWII does recognize the SD Card beeing inserted, but it states that the sd cant be used. which means, theres something screwing the reading.
Can the SD card be read in another PC or Wii? If so then it's a hardware problem on that Wii U.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you can really say that is if you try that SD in another working Wii u. Or take the SD out of a working Wii U and test it on the non working Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over