Hacking Question SD Card Issues with running & installing NSP games and cfw on 6.1 switch

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have been working at this for some time now with mixed results. I began hacking my switch around firmware version 6.1 which I began the entire process of setting up my switch following this guide ---> switch.hacks.guide
After all my work I ended up with my switch properly backed up and running ReinX 6.1 which I updated using Chidori or however u spell it. I have having issues though for a while with the homebrew menu showing no apps. I heard talk about how having a mac could create problems with the SD card and not reading files properly. The problem is that I only have access to mac and I had to find a work around. I eventually found a solution by taking all apps in the "switch" folder and putting them directly in the directory of switch without any folders. This seemed to solve the problem and I was able run Tinfoil and install NSPs.

Then I proceeded to run ReinX to install many NSPs, everything was working good for a while. I was able to install updates and DLC no problems. Then once 7.0 + came out and newer games came out I was trying to install new games and every install failed. I thought that I should just wait and when it was safe to update to 7.0+ then I would do that. After time passed I saw everyone talking about staying on version 6.2 and was pretty happy that I'm still on 6.1 So what I did was back up my entire SD card as it is before I attempt to make any changes. After doing that I attempted to remedy the problem listed above because I cannot play any new games.

I made sure not to touch the important folders on my SD and tried to run new versions of atmosphere so I could try using the new goldleaf to install the NSPs that wouldn't work. Long story short is this just made everything worse. The homebrew folder would not show any apps no matter what I did so I just decided to restore my SD card to exactly the same as it was before. But now I'm still having the same problems with my homebrew folder, nothing shows up and now to make matters worse all the NSPs that were installed prior to this won't load. They all fail to boot and Im really worried that if I do anything else I will have irreversible damage. I really need some guide and help with this, much thanks in advance

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a Mac is what's causing this. It screws up something called the "Archive Bit" which causes the Switch to be unable to see the files that you copied over. There's an option in Hekate which will attempt to fix the archive bits on your SD card for you. I've never used it so I can't comment on how well it works.

What I do is use FTP or nxmtp to transfer files from my Mac to my Switch. That preserves the archive bits.

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So mac is the source of the issue. Using the hekate tool to clean up the directories cleared up the issue with the games not loading and homebrew apps not appearing. I still have no clue how to resolve the initial issue which I cannot install the NSPs of newer games thru goldleaf v.5 I keep getting the error code 0x236e02 Description: invaild PDSO (NSP) (4535) and I tried multiple totally legit NSPs and this is the same result for all the newer NSPs, older games install just fine.

How do I get NSPs to install, it is because I need to update to 6.2?

Last edited by Bornofdreamers,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i assume the issue is with games requiring firmware 7+ (was there a new key for 6.2?) keys

give us a few of the issue games, I'm sure someone can check if that's a problem.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So mac is the source of the issue. Using the hekate tool to clean up the directories cleared up the issue with the games not loading and homebrew apps not appearing. I still have no clue how to resolve the initial issue which I cannot install the NSPs of newer games thru goldleaf v.5 I keep getting the error code 0x236e02 Description: invaild PDSO (NSP) (4535) and I tried multiple totally legit NSPs and this is the same result for all the newer NSPs, older games install just fine.

How do I get NSPs to install, it is because I need to update to 6.2?
Good to know Hekate fixed the archive bit issue.

The NSPs you're trying to install most likely require fw 6.2 at the minimum. If I were you I'd just update to 7.0.1. All CFWs support it and it's likely that more and more new games/updates will start requiring it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.