1. mmilhoan

OP mmilhoan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7ID99I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN)

I can't really find any info on a lot of SD card compatibility(32GB's) so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on if there are a lot of compatibility issues with SD cards and the Wii or if pretty much all of them work as long as you have 4.0+ and that kind of stuff.

What 32GB cards do you guys have that work, and if some aren't compatible; what is the reason??

I already bought the card and its on the way so hopefully it works but I am just curious if anyone has any information on the SD card compatibility of larger SD cards.

Thanks!

P.S. I will update to say if the sony card works/doesn't work when it arrives

2. master801

master801 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. It works only with sd. Do not confuse that with sdhc. They both are totally different things.

3. Starhowl

Starhowl Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    What about Wii U? It reads my 4GB SDHC just fine, but when I try to use Eri HaKaWai's exploit it tells me "SD card not present / not found".

4. mmilhoan

OP mmilhoan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've read many places, here and other sites that with the 4.0+ it doesn't matter whether it's SDHC or not. But it's still a little unclear, that's why I thought I'd bring it up again. And I guess since Starhowl brings it up, what SD cards are compatible with the Wii U

Here's something from SanDisk
    http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4433/~/nintendo-wii-and-sdhc-support

5. Starhowl

Starhowl Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Nice.. But that's for Wii... I was talking about Wii U! :P
    It shows savegames etc. in vWii-mode... But then when the exploit from Eri HaKaWai starts... It says no SD-card present!

Ordered a SD 2GB from Panasonic; the one I was trying with was a 4GB SDHC... Let's see...

6. master801

master801 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Never mind me. I thought you were talking about SDML.

7. mmilhoan

OP mmilhoan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Update: Just for everyones info, that SD card works perfectly fine with homebrew and DIOS MIOS!!! :D

8. devilmaycry1979

Newcomer

United States
    4.3u BlackWii Softmodded with LetterBomb.
    Updated to the Nth Degree.
    (S/O to Fix94. "Your the ****ing Man"!)

PNY 8Gb Class10 SDHC card. -Working. Stable.
    Make sure DML- and DML-Booter are the newest Possible.

9. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a 32 Gb sandisk sdhc class 4 the regular blue one and it is more compatable with dios mios than my hard rive.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Compatibility,