Gaming Scribblenauts Hype and News Thread

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
dudeonline said:
Cruddy...Costello is not your personal flame shield. Suck it up.

Anyway, back on topic, I honestly think there is way too much hype about this game, and that might actually hurt sales.
How can hype hurt the sales...? "Oh my god, i hear that game is going to be so awesome that i will not buy it in fear of my head exploding from the sheer awesomeness"?

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleedingelite said:
Yeah, but it's seriously getting sort of annoying now. Maybe it's time to give it a rest. Just saying.

So raise your hand if you think it's going to be dumped this week. *Raises hand!*
I really doubt it. I think it'll be dumped Sunday, the day that the Nintendo store in New York will release the game.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

Anyway, back on topic, I honestly think there is way too much hype about this game, and that might actually hurt sales.
How can hype hurt the sales...? "Oh my god, i hear that game is going to be so awesome that i will not buy it in fear of my head exploding from the sheer awesomeness"?

Maybe I should explain myself further. The hype surrounding this game cannot possible match up with the quality of the game. people will come in droves initially, yes, but then when people find out its not their awesome crazy best game ever in a million years...theyll play it for a bit, trade it in for the next iteration of pokemon, and then scribblenauts goes into the bargain bin.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

Maybe I should explain myself further. The hype surrounding this game cannot possible match up with the quality of the game. people will come in droves initially, yes, but then when people find out its not their awesome crazy best game ever in a million years...theyll play it for a bit, trade it in for the next iteration of pokemon, and then scribblenauts goes into the bargain bin.

Which is excactly what would happen if there was no hype, except the sales would NOT go good at first. Obviosuly though people wont find out that its not the crazy best game ever in a million years, because it is.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

Sure. But by that point, 5th Cell would have already made some incredible sales, so I doubt they'd really mind if it didn't live up to its hype. They've been honest all along with exactly what the game does. Fans are the ones taking it farther, hoping that they can summon copyrighted characters or incredibly specific items. If it doesn't live up to hype, it's not the game or 5th Cell's fault, it's the people hyping it.

Though I fully admit that it would be awesome if we could summon things like that, and that's why I'm really hoping for a PC version of this with a community similar to that of Sims, where we can put our own objects in the objectnaut.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Earl said:
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

Which is excactly what would happen if there was no hype, except the sales would NOT go good at first. Obviosuly though people wont find out that its not the crazy best game ever in a million years, because it is.

Not to mention, if this was the case, then the problem would be the game not being good, not the hype it has recieved.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for this so much that I'm hyperactive on the Forums. Hopefully, I don't get banned
laugh.gif

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earl said:
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

THIS!

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleedingelite said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

THIS!
The say what now?

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
dudeonline said:
Earl said:
dudeonline said:

I half agree with you, hype is bad, a product canot possibly beat the hype, the same thing happened with cloverfield.

But I do believe it might just be a good game, just not the best game ever

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fall for it every time. The same happened to me with Brawl and if what I'm reading now is to be believed, it could happen again.

That said, I'm interested in seeing how they'll use Objectnaut in future projects. It has so much potential (seeing that the database engine has a name) that I'm more excited to see what else they can do with it. Maybe they'll come up with another strategy game with thousands of munitions types or something? Perhaps they could consider licensing it to other companies?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I fall for it every time. The same happened to me with Brawl and if what I'm reading now is to be believed, it could happen again.

That said, I'm interested in seeing how they'll use Objectnaut in future projects. It has so much potential (seeing that the database engine has a name) that I'm more excited to see what else they can do with it. Maybe they'll come up with another strategy game with thousands of munitions types or something? Perhaps they could consider licensing it to other companies?

if they were smart, thats what they would do
wink.gif
BUT I doubt they would all the same
frown.gif

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:

So true.
I expect this game wont be as good as its hyped up to be.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
And it is written, "When the great thread reaches 1000, so shall the rom be released to them all. And they shall weep with joy."

I don't mind pushing the thread to 1,000 posts, but I highly doubt dumpers are waiting for a thread to reach 1,000 posts before releasing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-