Hardware Screen Protector for the Wii U Gamepad?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a small scratch on my 3DS XL somehow and it's bugging the hell out of me, made me slightly paranoid.

I'm getting a Wii U for christmas, is it worth getting a screen protector for it? I only ask because it's also a touchpad, and I've seen a lot of people complaining about screen protectors making the touchpad difficult to use, or completely unusable.

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It happens a lot when there's some dust on the screen and you slide the stylus on it. I just clean the gamepad screen whenever I play and it's still intact. Maybe if it's cheap it would be worth it.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Zagg glass one for my iPhone 6 and love it, I have already dinged it up. Lifetime replacement for $3 shipping. Doesn't look like they make one for the gamepad, but someone else might.

I use the cheap plastic ones for my kids handhelds and replace them every 6 months to a year. i would try one and just take it off and return it if you don't like it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always use screen protectors on every DS/3DS system but honestly don't bother with the gamepad

I use the stylus a lot, sometimes quite vigorously but that thing is sturdy as HELL. not a single scratch on it to date, and I got my Wii U at launch

also the screen is kind of deep into the gamepad (if that makes sense), so putting a screen protector on would just cause a lot of dust to get stuck in the corners between the screen protector and the edge

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Doesn't look like they make one for the gamepad, but someone else might.
Umm... Your iPhone has a capacitive touch screen with a glass cover, that's why the ZAGG you bought made from glass works well with it. Wii U GamePad uses resistive touch screen tech with a composite plastic layer that detects pressure. Putting a protector on it that's made from glass makes the GamePad literally impossible to use. :P

I definitely recommend a screen protector for the Wii U GamePad, though! Get a good one, not some off-brand cheap one. I can't stress this enough. I bought a pack of two screen protector for under 5 euros on eBay and the quality was horrible. Your GamePad will look worse (the protector more easily picks up fingerprints and smudges) and feel worse (the feeling when you slide your finger over the GamePad screen). I bought a Hori Pitahari screen protector and it's amazing. Installation was super simple (seriously watch this video , I'm generally very good at installing screen protectors but because the GamePad screen is a little recessed, I always had my screen filters on just a little crooked until I tried this Hori one). It feels good and unless I'm mistaken has some sort of coating on top that prevents smudges from appearing easily. (It still smudges so keep them fingers clean, but it's definitely not worse than having the GamePad naked!)

Reactions: Razor83

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello