Hardware Scratches, Screen Protectors, and Stuck Pixels vs. 3D

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i never had any stuck pixels on my DS Lite, but there's 4 on my PSP... sony wouldnt help me
frown.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
When I first bought my DS I had to get it exchanged twice because of dead pixels.
I finally got one without any dead pixels, but over time it has developed one or two.
The touchscreen on my DS is pretty badly scratched from playing Wario Ware Touched.
The top screen of my DS has quite a lot of dust trapped inside it. I hope that won't happen to the 3DS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I doubt scratches will be a problem, the clamshell design kind of makes it impossible to scratch unless you wipe the screen and a piece of dirt or something is stuck to the cloth. (I know someone who got pretty bad scratches on his laptop screen because of it)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think people are understanding the point of this post. If you're like me (a responsible adult gamer), your 3DS will most likely remain in perfect condition during it's lifespan, making my concern ignorable. But, but, a lot of frugal gamers might buy their 3DS used from their local game store, and then there is no control over the condition. Read my first post, and most will understand, that if you place anything over the surface of a 3D effect, the effect is ruined completely. You go to Imax to watch something? Pop out the right lense of your glasses, and report how your experience was. If somebody took a paintbrush swipe with white paint (a scratch on the 3DS screen by ration comparison), you would immediately notice the flaw in the 3D effect, and most people would demand their money back.

Simply put, the 3DS will not allow for any user-induced damage to the 3D screen, because any flaws WILL CERTAINLY DETRACT from the 3D effects, making it far worse than the usual dead/stuck pixels, dust under screen, and scratches that we can all overlook on our current DS models.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
I scratched my original DS's touch screen (a tiny bit) while playing a Harvest Moon game way back in the day. Thankfully by the time I got Elite Beat Agents I had a screen protector on it. I killed many a screen protector playing EBA, but saved my screens on all my DSes. First thing I plan to do is get some official Nintendo certified 3DS screen protector before I play any games, mostly because I know my first test game for old DS games will be EBA or one of the Ouendans. (I always use them as test games since I've played them so much)

I'd go as far as to say not keeping some kind of screen protection on your systems is asking for trouble, no matter how careful you are and how well you take care of your systems accidents do happen. You are either prepared for them, or left crying when something unforeseen happens.
My first ds game was WarioWare.
This reminded me of that.

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides stuck pixels, what about the hinges. I never even drop my DS and the hinges broke like a piece of shit >:(
Also, the touch screens better be good. My first DSLite had a weird touch screen, no matter how much I calibrated it, it was always to the left. I gave it to my friend after I won one. This one was a little to the left on the left side and a little bit down on the right side. My sister's is like this, too. On the left it goes to the left, on the right it goes up, and close to the bottom it goes down. This makes it impossible to play games like Meteos.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicCreations.org said:
somedrunkenidiot said:
Quite simply Nintendo will have to either find a solution to this problem or end up creating a 2D 3DS
Have you forgotten about the 3D strength switch on the side?
Nobody has forgotten about the 3D slider, trust me. The more important question is "What's the point of the 3DS, if you don't even use the 3D?"

We somehow managed to sell a used DS Lite at my work this week, which had deep scratches, and gouges in the TOP SCREEN. Obviously the previous owner didn't take very good care of it. Truth is, when you turned the system on, and the screens were lit up, you could easily ignore the blemishes. Once again, the 3DS will obviously be different, since these blemishes would create a barrier between the 3D illusion effect and your eyes. A scratch through the screen, is a scratch through the 3D. This is my main concern, and reason for posting this topic.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never had a scratch on any of my DS systems. DS Phat, was in perfect condition when I traded up for a DS lite. DS lite had some scratches on the clam shell, and L & R buttons were going out, but no scratches to be had on the inside when I traded for a DSi. DSi just has discoloring on my clam shell from my pocket, but there are no scratches to be had anywhere on the inside!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since