Scour Virus (Possible removal)

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Wllmrly, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Wllmrly
    OP

Wllmrly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2010
    United States
    USA
    Well so ive been using google to search things like 95% of the population but so i would go to a link like yahoo answers but when i click on it, it redirects me to a scour.com. Ive ran countless scans and nothing is found.Ive been running scans since 2 o'clock est and its still seems to be a problem any help to remove it?

2. Wllmrly
    OP

Wllmrly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2010
    United States
    USA
    bump

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivi...&tag=button

Download avast (first uninstall your old antivirus). Open the interface, go to "Scan Computer", blick the Boot Time Scan sub-tab. Change the Heuristics Sensitivity to high, slick settings and select "My Computer". Click OK, then "Schedule Now".

Run that.

Next, when it is done, open internet explorer. Open Internet Options. Go to Connections, Click "Lan Settings". Un-check "Use a proxy server for your lan..." if it is checked. Okay, Okay, Okay out of the window, close IE. Open firefox if you have it, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network. Click "Settings" under the Connection heading, and select "No Proxy". Ok out of all of that too and, at the very least, your search troubles will be gone. Repeat the steps for any other browsers you use.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's adware, malwarebytes should be able to pick it up.