Scour Virus (Possible removal)

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Wllmrly, Jun 21, 2011.

Jun 21, 2011

Scour Virus (Possible removal) by Wllmrly at 5:56 AM (1,065 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Wllmrly
    OP

Newcomer Wllmrly Advanced Member

United States
    Well so ive been using google to search things like 95% of the population but so i would go to a link like yahoo answers but when i click on it, it redirects me to a scour.com. Ive ran countless scans and nothing is found.Ive been running scans since 2 o'clock est and its still seems to be a problem any help to remove it?

2. Wllmrly
    OP

Newcomer Wllmrly Advanced Member

United States
  3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivi...&tag=button

Download avast (first uninstall your old antivirus). Open the interface, go to "Scan Computer", blick the Boot Time Scan sub-tab. Change the Heuristics Sensitivity to high, slick settings and select "My Computer". Click OK, then "Schedule Now".

Run that.

Next, when it is done, open internet explorer. Open Internet Options. Go to Connections, Click "Lan Settings". Un-check "Use a proxy server for your lan..." if it is checked. Okay, Okay, Okay out of the window, close IE. Open firefox if you have it, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network. Click "Settings" under the Connection heading, and select "No Proxy". Ok out of all of that too and, at the very least, your search troubles will be gone. Repeat the steps for any other browsers you use.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's adware, malwarebytes should be able to pick it up.