Hacking Sciifii update for 4.3E/U/J

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work as always arasium, I can't do it tonight as it's to late here, time for bed, but I got bootmii and tomorrow I'll be updating to 4.3 and give it a go.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Great
smile.gif

I will also update all other parts of the xml in order to have a fully 4.3 complient xml (for both Korean and E/U/J wiis)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I thought maybe I caused it to get deleted because of all my noob questions and because I went off on that idiot in the thread
frown.gif
. I hope not
frown.gif
. I really was just trying to help :.

I have a deep seeded hatred for trolls. If I got your thread deleted I apologize. Great work WiiCrazy
biggrin.gif

Everything you said seemed to work for me last night, except the only tools that seemed to work with the patched IOS36 or IOS41, or the downgraded IOS15 were Anytitledeleter, and TBR. Everything else was throwing -1035 errors. Other people seemed successful. I'm not sure what I'm running into. If its a noob mistake (I don't think so, but its certainly possible) Or if there is something different in the way TBR is written.

Right now I'm totally prepared to write a wad installer using the TBR code, since it seems to work fine while the other stuff doesn't. I just want to be sure, before I do, that I'm not doing something stupid thats making the other tools not work :.

I suppose that trying SciiFii should be my next step. If they have it right then it should work no problem.

EDIT: Sorry, will use edit from now on
biggrin.gif
. And I'll ignore trolls
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Patched and compiled a new TBR that *should* try to install IOS34. A bit nervous to try it on my nephew's unprotected WII, but, hey, its only like $150 for a whole new WII.

KK, well, my code worked fine, but TBR gave error -1035 installing IOS34 using downgraded IOS15, IOS41 (got an error saying I needed trucha for this one), or the patched IOS36. I'm gonna quit for a bit. I'll try sciifii later. Sorry for blowing up these threads :\

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Techrev, YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP DOUBLE AND TRIPLE POSTING PLEASE.

please, please, please stop.

I am getting ready to update to test here in a few, probably an hour when my boy gets done playing the Wii.

EDIT: Use the edit button.

EDIT2: I see a MOD beat me to it
laugh.gif

EDIT3: Where DID the other topic go ??

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes indeed
smile.gif

We will release the V3.1 of sciifii. The goal is to skip some steps if we encouter specifics errors (this one for exemple
smile.gif
).

With this update, you will be able to use sciifii even if darkcorp is on your wii.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Though if you have that, you've already got fakesigned IOS's installed and so can do whatever you want on those, can't you?
I believe he means AFTER everything else is done, attempting to install DARKCORP on it will result in error, but that is being fixed in v3.1.

I still haven't had time to test.
frown.gif

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Not at all
smile.gif

Installing an old ios41 will do an error because we are trying to install an earlier version of the one in the wii.
The darkcorp install a cios41 with the revision 0xFFFF, so if you have installed the darkcorp before the update to 4.3, you still have the cios41 in the wii. This prevent you to install an old ios41. But you still can reload on it to downgrade IOS15.

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arasium said:
Not at all
smile.gif

Installing an old ios41 will do an error because we are trying to install an earlier version of the one in the wii.
The darkcorp install a cios41 with the revision 0xFFFF, so if you have installed the darkcorp before the update to 4.3, you still have the cios41 in the wii. This prevent you to install an old ios41. But you still can reload on it to downgrade IOS15.

And i've you've a darkcorped ios 41, you can already hack your wiis -_-

3.1 coming soon.

mattster99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

And i've you've a darkcorped ios 41, you can already hack your wiis -_-

3.1 coming soon.
[/quote]