sci-fi jRPG & Rpg

kejtu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I curios why there is so few s-f rpg (good or bad doesn't mater). Do you people don't have desire to play some? we still getting rpg placed in medieval (and magic) times.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fallout 1 and 2.

I don't know, people seem to associate SF with shooters, shooters and more shooters (and the occasional RTS), while RPG is stuck in medieval times.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metalheart: Replicants Rampage was ok i liked the humor in it, it had more of a diablo feel to it. top down kind more of an angle lol, no 3d graphics kinda lagged a bit in story but it felt like an old goody that im use to.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does Deus Ex count? It's not an RPG per-se, but had RPG-like elements (and it's a great game). Also, Shadowrun (SNES/Genesis, although the Genesis version is arguably superior).

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno, at least on the PC there's plenty.

Fallout 1 and 2, Anachronox, System Shock 1 and 2, Deus Ex 1 and 2, KOTOR 1 and 2... off the bat, I don't think I can name even twice as many good fantasy RPGs on that platform.

M

mario5555

Some could argue it but I've always considered Crono Trigger a Sci-Fi RPG. It has time travel, future technology and lots of elements other elements that put it into that category.

And I agree there needs to be more, Sci-Fi games are some of my favorites, unfortunately it seems like the genre all but disappeared almost 5-10 years ago. There are a few standouts (Dues Ex, System Shock 2, and the upcoming Bioshock) but nothing else I know of in the intervening years.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one mentions Star Ocean and the Xenogears series?
tongue.gif
'

I would love more space RPG's.

Fantasy ones are so boring these days.

kejtu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bioshock is quite interesting but this high system requirements for pc, maybe it's time to buy x360
smile.gif

what about Xenogears? Interesting and twisted plot. I don't remember any else good s-f jRPG (except Xenosaga but i didn't play it yet so I can tell)

ThadSharpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
System Shock 2 was great... especially the beginning part where you have no clue what is going on and you run into the first of the "crew". Crazy fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: And K3Nv2 likes Hoe Milk :tpi::tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: