9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Do the standard/chipless games run without frameskip?
I don't know how well anything at all runs, I don't have the beta sadly. (boy I'd love to test it out and put it through it's paces) Just relaying what I read here. It sounds like a lot of stuff does to me...surprising that (apparently) Star Ocean runs pretty well.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
9th_Sage said:
surprising that (apparently) Star Ocean runs pretty well.

It's the 96Mbit uncompressed version, as long as S-DD1 is no more involved, it's just a regular Snes game, a beautiful one, but still a regular game.
Ah, well I thought they were saying it was the S-DD1 version since I didn't see them say that anywhere. Anyway, at least that one works.

1Player

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Just read that Games Testing thread in the SC forum and according to the results I'd say it's good enough for a first realease.

What I'd like to know is how the different screen/pixel sizes are handled? Is the screen cropped, scaled or stretched or whatever? Are there even different options?

the people testing the beta at the SC forum are just 13 year old kids who got the beta based on thread counts and spam...they don't really know what they are talking about
can't really expect good results from them..

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
according to one dude on supercard forums it cant even save sram but needs all saves to be save states.
hate2.gif
i hope its just him not being able to use it not a flaw in its design
ive got a whole new micro sd card just waiting for snes

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If it's only one dude complaining, it's likely him.

QUOTE(1Player @ Sep 1 2010, 08:52 AM) Like I said thy're just 13 year old kids
they have no idea what they're talking about

Lol cool
i was a bit worried about it but he probably has no clue where or how it saves the stuff.

I still dont get why they just dont compile a list of all the snes games or roms and test them alphabetically or make a wiki or online spread sheet.

Each letter other then S or T will probably have around 50 roms without duplicates and even less if only focusing on english roms so it is possible to test them all in a few hours and say working or not working instead of taking requests .

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
Each letter other then S or T will probably have around 50 roms without duplicates and even less if only focusing on english roms so it is possible to test them all in a few hours and say working or not working instead of taking requests .
The only thing is that (IMHO anyway) to really test the ROM properly you have to play it for more than just 1 or 2 minutes, which I think is what most people are doing. I mean, that's ok, it just seems like tests that are more thorough would be more valuable.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
it seems the beta testers have stopped and the mod is angry with members there:

I dont have any ideia how to be a moderador in this forum near every release! all the tame is the same, a lot of imature people join in braging, bossing and etc, everytime, and i'm the only active moderator here! becouse all the other gave up becouse this, so im alone here in a crazy time, when if some one see something they dont like they start war!

you think i'm overreacting its becouse you have no ideia how anoying this kind of thing is!

I have to wast my time for playing games analysing reports to check if they proceed, when i should only be organizing the forum!

Im trying to keep this forum useble! if it keep getting worse like it is getting, well, its better to close this forum for good and keep relasing thinks for gbatemp users!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte